Information a2 serviced by Mike (skipton01)

shaper

Well I have just had my wife’s beloved a2 serviced by Mike (skipton01) used (Main Dealer) parts at a very reasonable price.

Within minutes, he managed to diagnose what I thought was a minor fault, with my break warning light flashing. The diagnostic check suggested replacing a faulty speed sensor.

He immediately noticed my front wheel bearing was not fitted correctly this was replaced by a VW dealership approximately 1 year ago, thus damaging the speed sensor which sits inside.

Had he not have pointed this out I would have just replaced the sensor, and within a short space of time would have had the same problem re occur.

He did a full complementary diagnostic scan, clearing fault codes, and a meticulous physical check in around and under the car.

What I found more comforting with allowing mike to work on my wife’s pride and joy was when he took the engines protective under cover off, and a large nut fell out

He had a quick glance at it, and said “don’t worry it’s not a Audi nut someone must have dropped it through the engine bay”…

What can I say his knowledge and enthusiasm beggars’ belief.

If you are reading this Mike, once again thank you very much and I would recommend your services to anyone…….:)

Last edited:
Yes, sorry not to be the bearer of particularly good news there Shaper - mind you, it's best you know the score before it turns into something bigger.

As to nuts, yes, ok - I'm an Audi nerd and can spot a non-genuine nut a mile away!

Draggon, you'd be very welcome, any time.

Cheers,

Mike

Mike(Skipton01) my car is due a service at the begining of december but im wanting the brake wear indicator replacing as well would it be possable to book a slot with you or is that a little too much workin one go.
The problem been i can only make it across on a saturday.
Cost is irrelavent as im planning on keeping it for many years and spending plenty on it as regards to mods.

Mike serviced our A2 in September and as always did a fantastic job, always good to chat to him and learn more about the car.
I concur with comments above to have somebody who loves the cars so much tend to them is always a good thing.
Mike also fitted our K&N that has been knocking around for some time ( I have posted views on that elsewhere )

Thanks again Mike :)

Back