A2 - Squeezed loaf of bread??

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

wonton

Just told a colleague of mine that I have px my Alfa with A2.

She said it looks like a squeezed loaf of bread and the Alfa look much better! Should I be upset?

Any of you guys have experienced negative comments from mates for the A2? What was your response?

hello
Not really had any bad comments made on the car other than the back end looks abit stubby.
i have had more people looking at it and admiring the differences between most road going cars and the a2.

Since at the moment there is nothing quite like an A2 on the road.
i don't think you have anything to worry about you have a great car with individual looks.

;)[:p]

cheers

A.D.Simmons

Hi Wonton,
Is that mighty white or wholemeal he he....... seriously
I've been driving A2's since September 2001 and I've always had very positive comments from friends and strangers alike. I've been told the front of the A2 looks very "cheeky" and "cute".
I've noticed strangers walking across the road at pedestrian crossings mumbling that's a nice car.
On the motorway/dual carriageway it's sometimes a pain as you notice a car in the next outside lane about to overtake, then there's a pause as you expect it to have overtaken, when you look over your shoulder the car's slowed down to check the A2 out. I've often seen the occupants of the passenger seat of an overtaking vehicle rubber necking.These cars seriously turn heads.
Indeed, one of my friends has been so impressed with my A2 that he bought an 03 plate A2 TDi SE last weekend from my local dealer and he's picking it up on Saturday. He said he was impressed at the way it can accelerate effortlessly, go round bends without slowing down and minimal roll and how it maintained a very respectable speed over the pennines.

Cheers
Shaf

Nov 2002 TDi Sport, Silver,Black/grey interior,climate. Replaced previous Mar 2001 TDi SE

Right said, Fred! Erm...Dennis ;)

One of my girlfriend's friends made some nasty remarks about the appearent tight, boxlike stature of the A2. She's been banned from driving along in my A2 now ! Hah!

But apart from that, an A2 seems to make friends with perfect strangers anywhere. "What's it like to drive? Such a nice car. I always wanted one too!" Things like that.
Never had that with any of my previous cars, which I thought to be at least as good looking...

--
(2003 Silver 1.4 Tdi Exclusive(SE), 95bhp/235Nm chiptuned by ABT, black interior, sport seats, heated mirrors, JVC KD-SH909RB cd-receiver, Infinity Kappa 63.1 + Vifa on-dash tweeters, 12" Subwoofer on 300w Amp)

There is (was?) an A2 in the New York Museum Of Modern Art. The defence rests.

Tell the quippers to get back in their Ford/Vauxhall/Citroen/Peugeot... and get lost, as they so easily will do amongst all the other cars on the road that look so alike!

Nah, I'm only kidding. Everyone I have come across has only had good things to say about the way the A2 looks. And Shaf is right, it does turn heads, especially with the 17" alloys and OpenSky 'n stuff...

Phil. TDi Sport, silver, with Climate and OpenSky.

first a taxi, and now a loaf of bread; the designers must be proud ;)

The Stig

Thanks for all the positive comments!! I suppose we all wanted something different by choosing the A2. I think it look pretty on the road and the build quality is 1st grade! Most importantly its not "common"!

I've just picked up my Amulet red A2 and after reading your comments have called mine "Hovis" !1 I'm sure I'm going to have some good fun driving my new baby.

[37]
On any of the occasions.

Why does it do that? [8D]

NEVER attempt a battle of wits with an unarmed man.
I am the Fifth Column. I am no longer an A2 owner. The A3 TDI DSG is awesome - yoof influence - I do wear a baseball cap but NOT backwards.

Will you stop pressing that button. slap wrist. duplicate posts removed. again.

Moderators job is never done, all the hours and hours this forum takes of my time every day, it is one long slog.

And if you believe that, you will believe me when I say I'm actually Elvis....

Steve - 2002 1.4SE petrol, Silver, black/black interior, Then an identical replacement 2003 A2. Now a Toyota Corolla 1.6 T-Spirit

Hound dawg-Dukes of Hazard?

I'm Daisy......

Steve - 2002 1.4SE petrol, Silver, black/black interior, Then an identical replacement 2003 A2. Now a Toyota Corolla 1.6 T-Spirit

[37]
There's a guy works down my chip shop thinks he's Elvis!

[5]
Two zee's in Hazzard County boy! Didn ol' Bo an' Luke teach you nuffin'?

In Hazzard County when a good ol' boy an' a good ol' girl get married...................................................................

Are they still brother and sister?

NEVER attempt a battle of wits with an unarmed man.
I am the Fifth Column. I am no longer an A2 owner. The A3 TDI DSG is awesome - yoof influence - I do wear a baseball cap but NOT backwards.

They are in Norfolk....

Finally pick up my car yesterday. It drive really well on way back to London on A12. I was doing 80-90ish mph, very stable and pick up really quick! So far I am happy!
There is a black line on the driver side mirror, does it mean that it already got the heated side mirrow? How would I know if the rear mirror is auto dimming?

1.6 FSI SE Crystal Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back