A2 TDI 90 - new owner

tee.wilch

Hi all,

Had my A2 a couple of months now, very happy with it - silver TDI 90 Sport (I believe!) with a gentle 134k on the clock.

Generally in cracking condition but a few little niggles I'll be clearing up in the next few months, I'm sure this forum will be a big help.

I live in Chesham, work Central London (writing for a car mag) so the car only really gets used at weekends.

Only mild modifications so far - some better headlight bulbs, an aux-in cable for the stereo and fixing the rear seats. I could do with a whole new radio (my CD player is making some very funny noises) plus I'd like to look into six-spoke alloys and maybe even a six-speed swap in the future.

Looking forward to sorting out my new baby!

Tom

C4TxXpcWEAMTves.jpg

Hi Tom,

Welcome to a friendly and helpful club...with 134K its only just "run in !". There is quite a bit of useful information in the "how to" section on here which may help with the niggly issues.

Cheers
Dave:)

Hi, welcome to the club. Plenty of friendly advice available here. I think you're our second motoring journalist member which is definately a positive thing.

Welcome Tom to the friendliest car club around. Seems we have quite similar tastes. ;) I enjoy every minute driving my TDI 90 sport, hope you do too.
All the best,
Drew

The stereo is quite an easy fix, there are loads of A2 head units on fleabay at the moment, easiest to go with a straight swap. Fitting a non oem one is a bit tricky.

Thanks for the welcome. My other project is a Fiat X1/9 making my A2 the 'sensible' car.

The stereo is quite an easy fix, there are loads of A2 head units on fleabay at the moment, easiest to go with a straight swap. Fitting a non oem one is a bit tricky.

Yep, definitely going for the same unit or another Audi one. Can't stand aftermarket head units, most of them are so ugly. Be nice to swap out for a multifunction steering wheel too but unless it all works perfectly it'll bug me...

Back