A2 to be discontinued?!?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

futurecom

Hi all, am thinking of purchasing an A2 but have heard they are going to stop producing them soon. Just wondered if anyone else had heard rumours, as price is bound to drop and I don't want to pay over the odds etc! Thanks for any help

What you heard is correct according to the thing I heard from a sales person here in the Netherlands they are going to sell the ones they have in stock make actions with discounts etc etc.\
But after october it is not gonna be made again.
PS this is what I heard at our local dealer

Jeff Huisman
car is gonna be changed during this year *(2005) so almost ex a2 owner
GroetenvanJeff.jpg

Hi futurecom,

Its no rumour - AUDI announced this some time ago - of course some dealers may pretend they haven't heard this - if this is the case, then I personally wouldn't deal and walk away as they are either lying or just dont know there own brand well enough.

Kaine

As far as I know, the A2 can be ordered until the 10th of May, Production will be discontinued in week 28, according to sources at Audi...

Bye, Frido

----
[img=left]http://homepage.mac.com/frido/a2pic.gif[/img=left]
A2 1.4 TDI 2003 S-Line, cobalt blue, CC, DIS, SatNav+, TV, Apple iPod
now parents' car: A2 1.2 TDI 2002 silver, CC, DIS
My A2OC pics Homepage

Hi

Yes the A2 will be discontinued, the reason are extremely high production cost's due to its unique chasis .

However i would not let this put you off as all the parts and engines are VAG group.

IMO although i drive a TT, my wifes A2 is a great car and i think a sound choice considering the amount of rubbish small cars that are around in that car size bracket. It reaks of quality compared to a new fiesta for instance, just £4000 more - you get what you pay for!! Dealers are already offering deals - no discounts just optional extras for free.

I'd get another now[17]

Neil,

I am not too sure the reason is completely related to the extremely high production costs. AUDI have great engineers and very severe buyers - I am damn sure if they really wanted/allowed to keep the A2 going they would make it profitable.

Kaine

Yes it is being run out by the end of the year. Audi will be bringing out an all singing all dancing speced up version to wave it off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back