A2 Virgin

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

markleigh

Sold my 2001 SLK 230 which was hardly used and cost a fortune(ish) in tyres, petrol and insurance, and bought a 2001 A2 1.4 TDi SE this morning; hope to collect car in a week or so.
Will miss folding roof and auto box but looking forward to A2 ownership.
Hope I won't regret it!!!
Mark
PS Both cars are/were metallic black; IMHO, the best colour for a car.

Hi Mark,

You wont regret it, however I wouldn't even now where to start in comparing it with the slk.
May I ask, what made you choose the A2? Also whats the full spec?
My 2001 1.4tdi is three years old this month, and I have had almost zero problems with it.
Glad you made it to the forum.

regards,

Kaine

Number of reasons:
a) Style
b) Economy
c) Build quality
Main contenders were A2 and Beetle; Also considered a Ka even though no diesel versions - and a Smart (used to have two of them - not at same time tho' ).
Spec is std 1.4 tdi SE but with symphony stereo, extra rear seat and metallic black paint. Although I don't have the car I do have the manual - which I will be studying...
NB my car is also three years old - next week

I must agree about the colour - Ebony Black Pearlescent is a fantastic finish for the A2. My previous one (TDi SE, much like yours) was this colour as is my new A2 Sport. You can probably tell that the A2 is an infectious car amongst it's owners - one which you will almost certainly never regret buying. If you miss the performance of the SLK, try chipping it, or get a new 90PS version, then chip that! (This is what I'm doing).
You may miss the folding roof, but you won't miss the tiny boot I'll bet.
Welcome to the club.[25]

A2 TDI SE 2001 Ebony Black Pearl (The Little Tank!) Soon to be TDi 90 Sport with the full monty and red leather!

One of the last AutoExpress mags had a top 10 list of everything as a booklet included. Top cabrios, top city cars etc etc. Under the Top 10 for penny pinchers the A2 was rated as one of the top four! (they only rated it thus and did not specifically say which was number one or two etc). Great!

And I can say they are absolutely right. With a service only every 32000miles, low group 6 insurance and the TDi driving on fumes few cars can beat the A2 on running costs. Did someone not recently publish a fleet review of the A2 where the A2 won over the A-class, Altea and C-MAX?

____________________________________________________________________________________
[img=left]http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2002-2/11882/a2andme2.gif[/img=left]
2001 A2 TDI SE Crystal Blue with Open Sky, 6CD Symphony II, BOSE upgrade, DIS and HALF a winterpack!

iPAQ 3970 with Sat-Nav sleeve, rear cupholders, luggage net and floppy wiper!

http://www.a2oc.net/pic_show.asp?picid=1572&type=1 On www.A2OC.net pictures UK160 to UK183

Yes, the review is at: http://www.fleetnewsnet.co.uk/
Also there is another section showing the running costs of cars.....which shows what good valuve the A2 really is, even including the purchase price.

2004 1.4 TDi (90) SE, Cobalt Blue, Climate control, Cruise control, DIS, Sport seats, Winter pack, Symphony II.

Hi Markleigh,

I hope you like your A2 as much as I love mine.

The SLK is gorgeous but I imagine the attraction of pouring money down the drain begins to wear off eventually - I always wondered whether people who buy cars like that feel they have to keep buying them until they are 65, because if so it's not just one "hit"!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back