A2 / VW / Seat / Skoda Compatible Parts

Status
Not open for further replies.

tino

I'm quite sure that there are a list of compatible parts that are shared between the A2 and various other VW, Seat and Skoda models especially since there are shared engines, and other components. Is it worth compiling a list?

The reason I ask is that recently I ordered a 15" spare wheel and the prices I was quoted varied by about £8 on a £35 part. Needless to say the Audi garage was the most expensive, and Skoda/Seat the cheapest. Are things like oil filters, air filters, plugs cheaper from the other concessions as oppposed to going direct to Audi? Then again, it's probably cheaper going to one of the parts suppliers on the A2OC web-site and getting the discount they offer to members!

Tino
Dolphin Grey 1.4 SE

Not much help, but I believe the Climate Control unit is common with the TT.

----------------------------------------------------------
In the land of Mordor where the shadows lie

I bought a spare wheel from a friend it belonged to an old Golf the friend has a general garage where they do things like MOT and reparing all sorts of cars when I asked him for a spare tyre for an A2 he said just come here with the car because the VAG price is ridicoulis.
He had a scrap Golf who had a crash with nice alu rims and new tyres it was exactly the same size only looks different.
But we intend not to use it only if neccesary.
That means some parts are exchangeble espacially a lot of parts under the hood.

Jeff Huisman
2000 silver coloured A2 with some options :)

A2 1.2 TDI shares engine and box with VW Lupo 3L and the wheels are also the same but Lupo uses wider tyres.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back