A2 with boot/alarm/centrallocking problems

Hi,
I have some serious problems with the bootlocking.

If I push lock on the remote all 4 doors are ok but the boot oppens. If I try to lock with the key it stays closed for about 5-10 min. And when it goes up the alarm goes off.
I have not noticed that the light in the boot stays on but maybe I have to go out in the snowstorm to see if that is the case.

Everything started when I was hit by a car or truck, I dont know, the driver just left. So when I got out there were no one there just a dent over right back light.
I got the car back from the garage today. They tryed to disconnect the alarm and sad that I needed a knew key. That did not help:(

Sorry that my english is not that brilliant but I hope that you understand anyhow.:p

Best regards

Lars Östman
Sweden

I went out to see if the boot light works and I found my boot lock going mad. On-Off-On-Off-On-Off-On-Off. But there were no lights in the boot compartment.
It is really insane, if I push the open/boot/lock button on the remonte it allways opends the boot.

It have to be related to the hit and run dent, or?:confused:

Hi Lars
Welcome to the A2oc
The switch for the boot light and alarm is built into the boot lid lock. If you want to check it for adjustment, the trim panel on the inside of the lid needs to be removed for access. As you have found, when the switch does not work, the alarm goes off if you open the boot before first opening the drivers door.
On my car, the boot lid switch does not work but this only affects the light and alarm functions. The lock still works ok.
Sorry I cannot be more helpful

Cheers Spike

"As you have found, when the switch does not work, the alarm goes off if you open the boot before first opening the drivers door."

But what if the car oppens the boot it self??

Back