A2OC Goes Camping

Skipton01

Admin Team
Hello all,

I know this was mentioned at the Curry Social last year, but have there been any further thoughts on the subject?

Only reason I ask is that Costco has a good tent going at the moment, and I'm wondering if I spend £100 on it, will it be unpacked this year?

Cheers,

Mike

Personally, I will have to wait a little nearer the time and see what this year brings – though I seem to recall that enough interest was muted at the curry social to warrant the purchase.

Besides which, if the A2OC doesn’t go camping, then I guess you could always treat Ange to some ‘goth’ weekends away eh Mike!!;)

Cheers,

Darren

I Know i have not been on here so much lately but i will defo
be there tent is already on standby ,

Got a new Pc and im having lots of problems with networking ,Onboard ethernet adapter giving me lots of jib ,
so keep having to plug my old machine back in ,as soon as my new machine is up and running i will be back to full steam ahead on the social front LOL !!!;)

Oh nearly forgot Mike if this is your first time camping i would not spend more than a £100 on a tent as
it's not everyones cup of tea , i borrowed one the first time i went and loved it ended up buying 4 birth one of Ebay for £50....

Last edited:
I'm going to have to get a new pc soon Carl - hope I don't have the same sorts of niggly problems you're having.

Darren, it's far too cold to go camping at Halloween, especially in Whitby, that's when the Goth Festival is on. We've got a nice cosy cottage, complete with 4-poster bed lined up for this year!

Cheers guys, I'll go ahead with the purchase.

Mike

Skipton01 said:
I'm going to have to get a new pc soon Carl - hope I don't have the same sorts of niggly problems you're having.

Darren, it's far too cold to go camping at Halloween, especially in Whitby, that's when the Goth Festival is on. We've got a nice cosy cottage, complete with 4-poster bed lined up for this year!

Cheers guys, I'll go ahead with the purchase.

Mike

Mike,
I've got a spare vango tent here if you want it? also sleeping mats, yours for the princely sum of nowt!!!

cheers
Mike

Mike, thanks for the kind offer - I'll PM you.

Chris, good ideas there.

I like the idea of the lakes and it may be just the ticket for our Scottish members, who have a hard time of making it to Wiltshire for the ADI event.

So, the next question is when and then who would be wanting to come.

Cheers,

Mike

Sounds good to me - put me down for a plot (is that what they call spaces for tents?).

Cheers,

Mike

Don't know if this will have any bearing on the date chosen...but apparently there's a real ale festival in Keswick sometime in june!
Just a thought....

You can count us in even though I don't have eggbert anymore!
As a seasoned camper, the best tip I can give you is make sure the site has a good toilet / wash facilities, we only book the ones with a good loo award, oh and the David Bellamy recommended sites are usually up with the best.
If anyone would like to put forward a site I'll happily check it out

camping trip

Hi all,
as a keen camper i would be interested in the camping weekend but i'll hang fire untill i find out where it is going to be as if its to far south i'll probally need t give it a miss,
i'll keep my eyes on updates,cheers

ULP said:
Despite suggesting the 16th as the last date to post, I still think there are some shy A2 owners out there so let's hold this one a little longer...

So far, I have the following:

Skipton
Driveforward
ULP
Darren C (suprisingly quiet at the moment...)
ScotAlan (perhaps?)
bretti_kivi (perhaps?)
Alexwharton (perhaps?)
WoolyA2 (you've gone quiet!)

ULP said:
Darren, you can share our tent - it's not a problem!

Hi Chris,

"Surprisingly quiet..."; well what can I say mate, busy, hectic and manic at the moment, so sorry for not adding my thoughts until now!!;)

I have spoken with Di and we will look to attend provided the date is not in June, (if you are looking to add a week day to the event that is), as Di is not allowed any time off during this month!!:confused: With regards to your kind offer, we would gladly join you and Marie for a night of..., sorry I mean share your tent. (I promise to not throw the car keys into the centre of the tent at any point during the break!!).:D

We will look to leave young Kayleigh with Nanny and Grandad to make things a little more easier, though it will be a shame to not have her with us.

Happy on any venue, date is our prime consideration, but we can discuss further next Sunday at Kayleigh's christening. (Speaking of which I will 'PM' or call you later this week!!).

Cheers,

Darren

It's all sounding rather good to me Chris - either date is as bad for me as the other - so never mind, I'll just have to let Granada down anyway!

Cheers,

Mike

Back