A2oc goes to the wild side at colchester zoo---social day out

a2sumo

A2OC Donor
Hi fellow A2'ers who fancies coming to colchester zoo for a wild day out? if you do fancy coming on our day out please click the link to the calendar and add your name then let me know how many in your party in this thread.

http://www.a2oc.net/forum/calendar.php?do=getinfo&e=58&day=2012-5-20

The day will kick off at the zoo at 11.00am on sunday 20th may--or --- 10.00 at McDonald's, Tollgate West , Colchester , CO3 8RG for coffee and more if you prefer.

http://www.colchester-zoo.com/index.cfm Have a look at their web site to see the fantastic work the zoo does and what it offers as a great day out. If you are new to a2oc or never been to our socials then WHY NOT? give it a go we do have fun and a great chance to see allsorts of A2's.
Im hopping to end the day with an evening meal probably a pub meal i will confirm the location once confirmed. As per the zoo if your interested in the evening meal as well as or on its own please click this link and let me know how many in this thread.

http://www.a2oc.net/forum/calendar.php?do=getinfo&e=59&day=2012-5-20

many thanks i look forward to seeing old and new faces ---- Mike

Last edited:
My names added for:
The Zoo
Meal afterwards

Also planning on being at McDonalds with you for coffee before the short drive to the zoo.

I have put my name on the calander lists. I will see you at macdondals I can never resist there pancakes and lovely coffee:)

David

We'll all be there.
The calendars will be updated when we work out if we staying for the evening meal or not.

blue skies
tony

Hiya one and all. Sorry not been in touch much. So busy with wedding plans etc. 4th attempt at the skydive taking place this Sunday 15th. Me and Carole will be joining you at the Zoo with the beast. I will fill up en-route lol. See you at McDonalds. Mike, will catch up before for sure.

Laters

Mark

Hi Mike et al,

Myself and Glyn will be happy join you all (Mike, Glyn has asked if she still banned or not? ;)).
Not sure if we'll be eating, just depends on the time of the meal and the menu (due to Glyn's "eating habits").

Glyn has also asked if some future socials could be planned for a Saturday, so those with children, or adults who have to get up early for work on Monday, can attend for both the day and evening meal and not be clock-watching – I stress this concern/question comes from Glyn, not me, and therefore I’ve been forced to pen her “request” !! (however if she's still banned who cares:p)

Looking forward to seeing you all again.

Cheers

Jeff

Hi Jeff your lovely wife is still banned so hence her request has been ignored lol ONLY KIDDING "EFFIN" WE WOULD MISS YOU.
I have in the past talked to other members about saturday socials and most people either have work on the saturday or use that day for housework/shopping. i do understand that members that travel from a distance away have to factor in the return trip in the days timing and also time to chill before work. Ourselves are up at 5 every morning and i generally work 6 days aweek.
I do try to organise the food timing as early as possible to maximise the oportunity to get home at a sensible time---BUT WILL GIVE IT THOUGHT FOR FUTURE EVENTS.
CHEERS MIKE
OUR NEXT EVENT WILL BE A CAMPING WEEKEND SO GET YOUR TENTS READY PEOPLE!

Unfortunately i can't attend this social event . But will be at Audi in the park . Hope you lot are nice people , as it will be my first event lol

Don't worrie redbull we are a friendly bunch. We don't bite unless you ask that is lol. Looking forward to meeting you in Aug.

Cheers

David

Hi Mike as talked on the phone i will be coming to the zoo and the meal but maddy will not be able to. Looking forward to seeing some of your relations in the monkey compound--will they let you out mike?

Just a further suggestion from Jeff's comments.
I understand that it will always be difficult to satisfy all takers but perhaps socials can be held on Saturdays AS WELL as Sundays. An equal split would accomodate all members more fairly. We are finding that to get the kids prepared for school, we often have to forego the evening meal. This also holds true if the social event is some distance from home. Certainly a major attraction for us is the time spent with fellow A2'ers and we find that constantly being wary of the time detracts from what is always a very pleasant event.

Just a thought ...

blue skies
Tony

ps We will be at the zoo, but will not attend the dinner - school for the boys next day.

Hi Tony yes I do see your case for saturday socials and I will give it consideration to future social activities. I'm sure you will be happy as the next social will infact be a Friday night through to sunday afternoon.
Watch this space cheers mike

Well Mark you should stay away from those baked beans:p

Looking forward to seeing you at Colchester.

Cheers

David

ok, so an update.
Christopher is writing his final exams during May and has one the 21st.
so it will only be Andrew and myself for the zoo on the day.
oh yes, and only one of the babies will make an appearance.

blue skies
tony

Hi fellow a2'ers im about to book the tables for the meal, at the moment i see the following people wanting to eat
•a2sumo
•Chrissie im guessing richard as well?
•heidi987321 + paul and jake
•marky999+ carole
•riverlad +1
•robin
•Vonnie

any more ? i take it Jeff and Glyn have decided not to eat?
Many Thanks Mike

Back