a2oc social leeds castle in KENT

a2sumo

A2OC Donor
Hi all this years socials are kicking off a little late due to the snowy weather that we have had to suffer. But for our first social we are shifting location slightly to Kent for the fantastic Leeds castle on sunday the 19th may. Known as the garden of England and looking at the pictures of the castle it looks very grand.
http://www.leeds-castle.com/land.php

As you will see there are plenty of things to do and see----segway tour sounds fun. Punting sounds quite good -do they have engines? ha ha
If your a new member or have never before joined us for a social then why not make this your first. The club has such a range of ages and types so rest assured of a warm welcome. Its a great opportunity to check other members cars and pick up advice on maintaining or modifying your a2.

I think due to no close macd's or the like i think the best plan is to all meet up in the castle car park at 11.00 am. We will be there early as we are staying at the castle the night before.

So as per usual please show your attendance by clicking in the calendar here--

http://www.a2oc.net/forum/calendar.php?do=getinfo&e=68&day=2013-5-19

------for the other part of this social i will be booking a pub or restaurant for the early evening-PLEASE SEE SEPARATE CALENDAR ENTRY FOR DETAILS TBC

http://www.a2oc.net/forum/calendar.php?do=getinfo&e=69&day=2013-5-19

Can i please ask you to also post your intentions in the thread also. Any questions just ask. many thanks mike-a2sumo

Last edited:
That's great Mike. Loooking forward to seeing you there.

It should be Sunday 19th May, Richard. At least you are coming with Chrisie in a proper car:p

Looking forward to seeing you both.

Cheers

David

Last edited:
Really sorry to miss this one - especially as Kent was my home originally

Busy with wedding preparations for a couple of weeks later!

Hope you all have a great day and see you at the next A2OC social . . .

Hilary

I will be there together with me other half. It will be our first social after not long being A2 owners and we are looking forward to meeting you all. Not tooooooo sure yet if we can make the evening meal so would it be best to reserve places anyway?

Steve

Hi steve thats fantastic your joining us in Kent, i would say put your name down and if you find closer to the date then let me know.
HILARY how dare you prefer to plan your wedding rather than a social-tut tut. We will miss you but fully understand.
Looks like we have found a good pub-recomended by member heidi.
We have now booked a room at the castle on the saturday night so any members up to join us?
cheers mike

Its a lovely castle its a shame its not the day before they have The Supercar Siege event on the Lawns which looks interesting ......

Yes it is a shame that isn't on all weekend. Unfortunately Saturday socials are tough to get the numbers at due to work commitments for some, although we did have at least two last year on a Saturday. So are you coming Carl ? Be great to see you and the green machine. Mike

As a fairly new member I would love to be at the meet but so much wants doing to my A2 , don't think it would make it all that way without something giving way ...it all hinges on the next week if I can get funds to fix major parts ..cam belt and ARB +links

Arb & links rattle rather than fail catastrophically, not like a cambelt.
It's not a bad run from Grimsby, I quite like the A15.

I really should be there, it's on my doorstep, and if I don't freak out about going out in public I will. I can't guarantee I won't get jealous of other cars or mods though :p

Enolaton if you make it down it would be great to meet you. It's always great to meet new members. But there will be more socials so if you can't make it then, there will be more opentunity throughout the year.

Ah Nuttinnew thats a very dangerous to come to socials to see other peoples mods. I went to my first social afew weeks after getting my car. Mike Skipton fitted cruse control for me. I looked at a few members cars and though I like what they have done. I have not stoped modding since lol

Cheers

David

Arb & links rattle rather than fail catastrophically, not like a cambelt.
It's not a bad run from Grimsby, I quite like the A15.

I really should be there, it's on my doorstep, and if I don't freak out about going out in public I will. I can't guarantee I won't get jealous of other cars or mods though :p

I would be there if I can get cam done , but have now noticed another noise when I push accelerate pedal , it sort of goes ....umm ... will investigate that first ...
would be great to meet you all

Getting close to the event now people. So any more takers? I will be booking the tables for the meals very soon so please ensure your name is added to the calendar links and also the total number in this thread IE if partner or friends are coming along.
Nice to see old and new so come and try a social thanks mike.

Hi all quick update---we will be meeting in the castle car park at 11.00 am. Im hoping to book the tables for the evening meal for 7.00pm this gives members that have a long drive home an easier time. The pub is 30 mins away from the castle so it will be good to have a nice convoy.
cheers mike

Hi Mike we hope to get there but at the moment cant say for sure. Will try really hard to get there as the castle looks very nice.

Back