A2OC Social Registration

Stuart_D

Past Member
Time to start a new thread as the other one was getting out of hand!

I have updated the site with more information about the club social. I will need to confirm numbers with the pub in order to ensure there is enough space and to pre-pay for a buffet lunch, I have set up an online form with which you can register.

If you are UK based, I will also need to receive a cheque for £5 (per person) to cover the lunch costs. If you are coming from Europe then I will let you know how you can pay in a little while.

More info on locations/hotel/channel crossing to follow shortly.

I mentioned a while ago that it is a good opportunity to buy club mugs as you can pick them up there without the risk of sending them to you in the post. These will be £10 each. If you are interested in buying one or more, please let me know. Again I will need prepayment for these as well.

2001 TDI SE, Open Sky System, 16" six spoke alloys, Kenwood Mask CD.
A2 Owners Club: www.Audi-A2.co.uk

Done[^]

As I'm probably one of the closest to Folkstone, along with JD, I'll have to try and tag onto the end of the convoy as it goes along the M20 (if thats the preferred route), which might mean some careful co-ordination and phone numbers being swapped nearer the time - unless you all want to meet at our local Tesco's for elevenses.

Almost a 1.4SE in Merlot Red, Biege interior, 16" 5 spoke alloys, DIS, Open Sky, Elec rear windows.

David (and all!)

I've taken the liberty to make this topic 'sticky' as I think it is important. If anyone disagrees, let me know and I'll 'unstick'.

Steve - 2003 1.4SE petrol, Silver, black/black interior

Quick update - about 5 A2 owners have registered already, some of which are bringing their partners/family - so about 8 people coming so far. No dosh received yet so I will firm up on the booking etc as soon as I can pay the pub.

Is there anyone out there that knows the Folkestone area quite well?
If so, do you know if there is a beauty spot somewhere in the area that we could all drive to in convoy and park up at after lunch?

Hi Guys i can´t came cause february is not good for me .... :( but i had spread the word to my friends here in Lisbon...but most of us only had hollidays in the summer...i´m organising a meeting in Lisbon so far we are 6 so bad....
Regards Tiago

TCasaca

Stuart

I work with someone who lives in Folkstone so I'll pose the question to them tomorrow.
The cheque was sent first class Monday morning and I assumed it would have arrived by now. If it doesn't arrive over the weekend let me know and I'll cancel/resend another one.

If tcasaca can organise a social of 6 in Portugal, surely we can top that.

1.4SE petrol in Merlot Red, Biege interior, 16" 5 spoke alloys, DIS, Open Sky, Elec rear windows.

I'm probably not going to get the chance to ask my source at work now until Monday due to other commitments cropping up but Wifey says one possibility is heading for Dover and parking at the viewing point on top of the cliffs. If enough people turn up I'm sure we'd be able to shunt all the other cars out of the way to make a great group shot:D
:D:D

1.4SE petrol in Merlot Red, Biege interior, 16" 5 spoke alloys, DIS, Open Sky, Elec rear windows.

Rob - sorry I meant to email you last night. Your cheque did arrive...so thank you. You are the first to show their committment by paying. I hope all the others that have shown so much interest will come forward now!

Stuart,

Had a drive around today and ended up in Folkstone. As Sunday is Market day, there was nigh on no parking in the town itself. We then went onto Dover Castle. This would make a great setting for all the cars. Perhaps if we were to ask nicely, we might be allowed preferential parking in a good spot near the castle. The only downer is it's £7.50 per adult. There's loads to do there, with all the tunnels under the cliffs, the castle itself & all its surrounding buildings.

It's somewhere like that that we could usefully end up driving to. But I think initially it would be good to meet somewhere were we can just chat or sit down, have a drink and some food (it may be raining) and then go for a drive somewhere.

How long is the drive from just north of Folkestone to Dover?

I'm hoping to make a trip down there this week sometime to check out all the routes and directions to the pub as well as book the pub.

It's roughly 10 miles between Folkestone & Dover. You have the choice of dual carriageway or smaller roads running next to the coast/cliffs.

Stuart.
Sorry but I've been away and quite tied up over the last few days.
I will forward a cheque to you on Tuesday.

I believe my wife will be coming ( oh no, best behaviour)as well.
I'll send you 10GBP.
We will probably make a weekend of it. The castle that Rob mentioned sounds great.
Any other MUST do's if we are down there?????

Roy

I will put a cheque in the post 2morrow - put me down for two people

royfox - look forward to meeting you! When everything is confirmed, I'll put a small guide online of things to do down there, places to stay etc etc

smartie - I will put you down for two, but it'd be great if you could fill out the form on my site as there are a few other questions on it that would help with the booking process.

Form filled out and submitted - let me know if there is anything else

Where is Folkstone?
Ah yes, it is in the south of the country.
What a surprise.
Lets build a new National Stadium.
Where will we build it?
Ah yes, in the south of the country.
Lets look at the transport infrastructure of the country
Where will we improve it?
Ah yes..........................................................
Do you realise that it is still not possible to drive from the capital of England to the capital of Scotland on a dual carriageway road unless you detour via Glasgow?
Come on guys, there is more to this poxy little collection of islands than the Thames corridor, the M25 and the M2.
I admit it is handy for our continental cousins and the odd duty free trawl.
Stamp stamp, winge winge. I feel a letter coming on. There are so many faults here I shall reject the country and demand another one from my local dealer.
Can you buy countries at Tesco? You must be able to as they seem to dictate terms almost everywhere in the world.
Rant. [}:)]

icon_smile_cool.gif

You're starting to sound like someone else who shall remain nameless.

I would have thought the prospect of giving the A2 a good long run down to the delights of the South Coast would have had you dribbling at what was instore!! (NOT the Tesco instore bakery I'd like to add).

Back