ABS and ASR lights don't work ?

supermupe

I have just realised that when I start my Audi A2 SE 1.4 petrol, all the usual warning lights illuminate briefly as they should, except the ABS and ASR lights. These dont come on at all ! Car drives fine and brakes fine (I havent had to brake hard yet, so not sure if ABS/ASR will kick in or not). Normally these lights surely come on to indicate a fault (not the opposite ?) I get the distinct impression, I maybe have a replacement instrument cluster (hence why the cowl is damaged - see my WANTED request). Could it be the cluster needs resetting ? Everything else works as it should. Appreciate any suggestions. Cheers

did they ever come on??.. is there a chance that the previous owner disconnected the lights on sale to hide a problem instead of fixing it?

The thought had crossed my mind ! I have removed the instrument cluster and had expected to see twist bulbs at the back, but there are none, so I'm assuming its a sealed unit ?

Update - Took the cluster apart and low and behold, both ASR and ABS light sockets covered up with packing ! Removed, put cluster back and Happy Days ! Both lights come on initially and then go out as planned. Can only deduce that the cluster came from another model (VW Polo ?) and didnt require those two elements, so hence blanked off.

Back