ABS and ESR lights

geneva-a2

I get this fault code :

Address 03 : ABS Brakes

01314 - Engine Controle Module
79-10 Please Check Fault Codes - Intermittent

the AC gives the error too many comm errors,

Ant the rear doors : wont de safe intermittent.

The car had damp in the foot wells, I have fixed any possiple leaks and dried it out, but the warning lights keep coming back, with 3 loud beaps:

Are there any particular connenctors I should look at for damp, or should I be looking somewhere else?

Thanks,
Alan

yes I cleared the error codes and these are the errors that I have after a few days.

The ABS and ESR lights keep coming back on after I drive for a while with 3 loud beaps coming from the dashboard.

The lights come on quickly if it is a damp day, so I think it is some how related to water getting some where it should not have.

It is a 2001 1.4 petrol.

I bought the car cheap with the fault.

The most obvious problem I noticed was wet carpets at the front of the car, the drainage pipe from the black plastic tray below the windscreen, was disconnected, so I connected it. There was also a gap between the tray and the windscreen at one point that I sealed.

I dried out the carpets, and they appear to stay dry.

Okay. Is there water in the compartments under your feet?

I'd also seriously check the grommets out directly behind the dash (LHD, no?) behind the steering wheel and behind the glovebox. If there's water getting into the CCU / ECU compartment, anything could happen.

Bret

There is/was no water visible in the compartments under the carpet. Though the carpets were pretty wet, so there must have been some condensation, I have put a dehumidifier bag under there.

I will check out other gromets, you mean the ones visible from the engine compartment?

if it's a left hooker.... take the glovebox out (5 screws, two outside and three inside) and check out the grommets directly behind that.
While you're there, check the earth points at the base of the a-pillars. If they're corroded, because of the moisture over a long period of time, that might explain some of your beeps.
The other main cable throughput is directly beside the wiper arm.

Bret

Feeling like an idiot! After a wild goose chase I've just realized that my initial engine problems are now ABS problems. I have a similar issue, lights and beeps come on, sometimes after 10 meters, sometimes after several kilometers. My initial problem was engine running rough and no throttle response, but replacing the lambda probe apparently solved that one. Now, this issue must have appeared simultaneously somehow...
Haven't found any water anywhere and my diagnostics thingy doesn't provide any ABS information.
Checked the brake fluid and it was well over max. Could that be a problem and if so, how did it get so full? Never touched it...

Odd vehicle...

On friday there was a lot of rain, I had water coming in again.

I noticed wet bunches of cables and connectors below the left hand side a pillar.

The right hand side looks quite sound.

Water appears to have entered the around the windscreen.

then it is probably the grommet below the windscreen wiper or similar... does the car have OSS?
There's a guide over on the German forum about replacing the washer jets with the new twin ones. If you take a look at that, it shows you how to take the "scuttle" panel off and that shows you the main grommet which may be the cause of the issue. Here: http://www.leibbrands.de/Waschduesen_umbau.pdf

Bret

The car does not have OSS.

I think I have fixed the leak, towards the top of the windscreen, found it by pouring water around the outside.

I have dried everything out, but still getting the problem.

Here is a full scan:

Address 01: Engine
Controller: 036 906 034 Q
Component: MARELLI 4LV 3720
Coding: 00051
Shop #: WSC 02138
WAUZZZ8ZZ1N051741 AUZ7Z0A1822552
2 Faults Found:
16685 - Cylinder 1 Misfire Detected
P0301 - 35-10 - - - Intermittent
17961 - Barometric / Manifold Pressure Signals: Implausible Correlation
P1553 - 35-10 - - - Intermittent
Readiness: 0010 0000
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Address 03: ABS Brakes
Controller: 8Z0 907 379 B
Component: ESP 20 CAN V015
Coding: 10758
Shop #: WSC 02154
1 Fault Found:
01314 - Engine Control Module
79-10 - Please Check Fault Codes - Intermittent
Address 08: Auto HVAC
Controller: 8Z0 820 043
Note: Excessive Comm Errors
Address 17: Instruments
Controller: 8Z0 920 900 G
Component: W1-KOMBIINSTR. VDO D13
Coding: 05142
Shop #: WSC 02145
WAUZZZ8ZZ1N051741 AUZ7Z0A1822552
1 Fault Found:
01336 - Data Bus for Comfort System
80-10 - Single-Wire Operation - Intermittent
Address 46: Central Conv.
Controller: 8Z0 959 433 K
Component: Komfortgerát T2D 0614
Coding: 06720
Shop #: WSC 00240
2 Faults Found:
01561 - Left Rear Door
61-00 - Won't De-Safe
01562 - Right Rear Door
61-00 - Won't De-Safe

esp and abs

after undoing my battery to replace steering wheel i found that after reattaching the battery the esp light came on and stayed on followed shortly after by the abs light and then the brake malfuntion light (the big red light in the centre ) a few bleeps then they all stay on, any ideas on fault or what action to take thanks all :)

Back