ABS Control Module Coding

Lisa

I've searched the forum but unable to find a answer have also sent a message to a few people but just putting the question up here as well to see if anyone can shine some light on the issue.

Basically I need to code the ABS Control module up again as I accidentally wiped the code number I believe I have the Mark 60 ABS Control Module Part Number- 8Z0907379A

I've tried some codes I found through google but to no avail also looked through Elsawin but that has no codes that I can see for the Mark 60.

So does anyone know what the code is so I can get rid of all the warning lights since the Control module is now throwing up the fault 01044- Incorrectly coded module with the ABS and ESP lights on...

Big thanks in advance... cant believe I've done it to start with

-Ryan (Lisa's Partner)

Ryan you must have an old/previous scan which should tell you what the coding is on the car?

Failing that you can try (at your own risk) 0007183, or 10758 to be frank I wouldn't recommend anyone to play with the settings 'especially' ABS

Hope it Helps

Sarge

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Ryan
I can't find separate codes for the Mk20 and Mk60 ABS units either and suspect the same code is used for both. I'd try 10758 which is the code listed for petrol and diesel 1.4L engine models.
Long shot - If you have saved any previous full VagCom scans, they usually list the control module part no and codes.

These are the sections I opened to find the code -

. Running Gear
. Running gear self diagnosis for ESP, steering
. 01 Self diagnosis
. Performing self diagnosis
. Encoding control unit - this page references your 8ZO 907 379A module which is encouraging

Cheers Spike

Last edited:
Think I've got part number wrong as I've rechecked this morning before coming to work and its 8Z0907379D!

Will be plugging the laptop in tonight to get a full scan and will post results here

I Thought you had mate because I haven't ever seen a 'A' only ever seen B, C & D, try the following:

Address 03: ABS Brakes Labels: Redir Fail!
Part No: 8Z0 907 379 D
Component: ESP FRONT MK60 0101
Coding: 0007311
Shop #: WSC 00000 785 00200

Sarge

Found a scan from a friends car with MK60 ABS, module no 8Z0 907 379D
Coding is 0007303
Sorry this complicates things but U have no idea why the same module as Sarge's should have a different code number

Cheers Spike

Right a update to the situation

Big thanks to everyone who has helped but looks like spikes last code he mentioned is the correct one!

Maybe worth trying to collect all the codes to create a table to help others in future?

Anyway my next issue is resetting the steering angle sensor as even though looking at measuring block 004 it says the angle is correct 0 degrees it still throwing out error 00778 basic setting not set.

So with the reset is it all via vag com or do you have to do the driving bit where you turn the wheel right then left etc then drive forward for a bit?

Anyway my next issue is resetting the steering angle sensor as even though looking at measuring block 004 it says the angle is correct 0 degrees it still throwing out error 00778 basic setting not set.

So with the reset is it all via vag com or do you have to do the driving bit where you turn the wheel right then left etc then drive forward for a bit?

Make a note of the steering wheel position while driving straight ahead then set the wheel to this position when parked up and do the reset. I once had the steering wheel off and the clock spring moved 360 deg without me realising. It made the reset procedure quite tricky. More info here - http://www.a2oc.net/forum/showthread.php?12701-Steering-Angle-Sensor-Calibration&p=96816#post96816

Cheers Spike

When I did mine, I just had to run the basic setting command in vag come for the steering angle sensor with the wheel dead straight

Back