ABS delete

Hi guys. I have to delete ABS in my Lupo 3L because it is converted to manual and ABS is not working. It used to be controlled by the gearbox ECU, which is now not needed any more. I will be ditching the ABS module, and will have an ABS light on the dash, a handbrake warning and a code stored. Is there a way to "sign out" ABS using VCDS and be free of errors? Or do I have to go to the tuner AGAIN to have it mapped out? Cheers :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:
Sounds dangerous

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Only if you have to stop very quickly and can't cadence brake 50 or so times per second. Cars haven't always had ABS, though they probably crashed more often.
I'd be concerned about the insurance implications or more likely the lack of insurance.
Sorry OP, not what you were looking for though best of luck.

Well, there must be a way to code it in from a 1.4Tdi but it probably involves rewiring and what not... I will inquire about that as well... I would like to keep it, of course, but, as somenone said, cars didnt always have ABS... even the hot hatches like VW Golf Mk1 and Mk2...

Well, there must be a way to code it in from a 1.4Tdi but it probably involves rewiring and what not... I will inquire about that as well... I would like to keep it, of course, but, as somenone said, cars didnt always have ABS... even the hot hatches like VW Golf Mk1 and Mk2...

My mother wrote off a mk2 skidding down a hill on a country lane because the brakes locked up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

not aware of a way to map it out and it's possible it's part of CoC and therefore can't pass MoT without it.
Did you talk to Janihani on the German forum how he did his? I'm reasonably sure he has a 1.2 with a manual box and I suspect very strongly it still has ABS.

- Bret

No , I didnt talk to him . I will try... Thanks! Passing MoT in my country is not an issue as long as there exists any Lupo without ABS from factory.... I will pass mot without Abs, but will fail as it is now, with ABS module not working... Braking force and bias are poor...

Last edited:
Back