Abs light on!

wull65

Hi,sorry first post had to be about a fault.Abs light came on,is there a test i can do,or is it a garage job:(many thanks wullie..

Hi and welcome to the A2oc.

First thing is to check the brake lights are working. If not, it may be the bulbs or a (common) brake light switch failure

Cheers Spike

I've had a similar issue.

Firstly you need to get a dianostic scan carried out to see what fault codes are present.

For me it was the front nearside wheel speed sensor showing at fault but following a replacement sensor-no change, followed by a replacement ABS loom-no change, a replacement upgraded green brake pedal switch (just in case as its a known part to go wrong although brake lights were fine)-no change, now as a last resort i have bought a new hub which has the ABS pick up attatched and will be fitting soon-fingers crossed.

Oh fuse was also checked and fault code reset after each attempted fix, which reset fine each time only to beep three times and reappear as soon as i exceed 10mph.

Hope you have an easier fix and this goes to show that fault codes can only tell you so much and although i have still been using the car and it is still driving fine it has been a pain but this needs to be your first step.

Good luck.

Last edited:
Back