ABS warning light after flat tyre...

Recently i had a flat which i had repaired and all is well with tyre. Since replacing the tyre the ABS warning light has appeared and is always on and has been like this for several weeks. Can anyone advise how to get this annoying beeping thing off my dashboard, or will this involve a costly visit to my dealer???

More than likely it's a low resistance signal from one of the ABS sensors. Could be completely unrelated to your recent flat-tyre, probably just a coincidence.

To check, disconnect, clean (compressed air) and reconnect the sensor wires behind the wheels. If that doesn't work, then it could be a dirty sensor, or the ABS rings themselves. Either way it's hub-off job for the rings (to wire-brush). The sensors are a pain to extract and invariably you're more likely to damage them. Try the wires first.;) Useful link here from Skipton - regards releasing the push connectors. They're roughly the same - just less wires. http://www.a2oc.net/forum/showthread.php?t=10752

VAG.com will pin-point the fault, if a member on here has it and lives close to you.

Back