ABS warning light

djbluemoney

Hi, wondering if I could pick some brains again please. The A2 was pulling to the left, so thought I'd run it down local national tyre place for an alignment.. as soon as I drove off , the ABS light started beeping/flashing. I spun it straight back, but they diagnosed straight ABS sensor failure, and want 100 quid to fix. So left it, but still flashing..does this sound fishy to anyone else ?
Many thanks

Hi, wondering if I could pick some brains again please. The A2 was pulling to the left, so thought I'd run it down local national tyre place for an alignment.. as soon as I drove off , the ABS light started beeping/flashing. I spun it straight back, but they diagnosed straight ABS sensor failure, and want 100 quid to fix. So left it, but still flashing..does this sound fishy to anyone else ?
Many thanks
There's only one sure way to find out ...
It begins with s and ends with n.
Unless the tyre place did that, they're guessing too, unless, of course, they know what they did.
Mac.

So the light wasn't flashing prior? Bit of a coincidence but not impossible!
Did they scan the vehicle and tell you which sensor was faulty?

Is the steering wheel centered?

Last edited:
Hi, no, it only started as soon as I pulled out of their yard. They just said it was a "static", fault. The ABS sensor needs replacing. It's well hidden within the wheel, and alignment adjustment, would not cause it to blow.

So did they just immediately jump for an alignment or did they check for a sticking caliper or other issue with that side front i.e the wheel bearing?

Are the ABS looms intact and not worn through or been bodged?

They just went for alignment straight away. I'll book it in with local Audi expert tomorrow.. although it was only in there last week having a service..and he said he gave it a good overhaul. Although, must admit I forgot to say to him, it was pulling to the left upon driving.

Back