ABT remap

Satyr

Hi all

does anyone has a remap by ABT ? I've heard the 75 bhp TDI becomes a 95 bhp with 170 ftlb torque. Doesn't sound impressive to me. Why would someone go for an ABT remap (other than with a brand new car for warranty purposes). Can someone comment on performances if car modified by ABT ?

Thanks

Thats not that much, mines up to 106 (on a rolling road) and 180 something of torque. Most remaps done go over 100 bhp over here

Phil

Grim/Spike,

Thanks to both for insights. I was said it would be the most "reliable" remap. But performances are not as high as most of A2's here, yet asking myself if that doesn't make the remap more "engine respectful".

I was under the impression that the 3 cyl TDI lumps are good for about 150 BHP before any serious engine modifications need to be made, so I would imagine anything up to 120-30 BHP would be easily taken in its stride with no stressing of anything other than maybe a standard clutch.

Thanks Lee_S.

120-130 bhp sounds impressive, altough I would think that's too much power for a standard 75 bhp. Clutch comes of course to mind, but maybe gearbox, turbo.... anything else ?

As a conclusion regarding what as been said, ABT's remap doesn't sound like a good deal...

I was under the impression that the 3 cyl TDI lumps are good for about 150 BHP before any serious engine modifications need to be made, so I would imagine anything up to 120-30 BHP would be easily taken in its stride with no stressing of anything other than maybe a standard clutch.

If you have a search the average is between 100-110, Tanks up over 130 but thats been tweeked a little (and it was a 90 to start) so diferent clutch/flywheel and turbo and thats just STD, there is one in Germany that gets 150 but hes played with his bigger turbo and injectors i think

Heres a link its in German though ;), but you can get the jist

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aA3B...8049F5DA&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=44

Phil

Grim/Spike,

Thanks to both for insights. I was said it would be the most "reliable" remap. But performances are not as high as most of A2's here, yet asking myself if that doesn't make the remap more "engine respectful".

I think anyone that does a remap should have that in mind anyway rarther than getting the most that they can out of the engine. When Vince did mine he got it up i think about 110 but he backed it off as it smoked to much at top end so the end result was 106, which i'm very happy with :cool:

Phil

Back