Abundance of A2's (Wandsworth, London)

John L

A2OC Donor
Back in Putney and Wandsworth for a few days and I have come across an abundance of A2's.
There are many blue A2's round here (1.6 on Fawe Park Road, Putney looked nice), a few dark grey A2's driving and 2 within reach of eachother at a dealer/car park near Plough Lane, Tooting.
I also say my brother's 1.4 petrol outside the house on Saturday.
I have also seen a couple of 1.4tdi's driving along West Hill. It is great to see so many different A2's in such a short space of time. A true A2 enthuasists city break!

John

If you stray west to Richmond way, you'll see quite a few more, mine and Ashley's included, but there are several others. I'm sure I'm seeing more A2s on the road around here now than I did 2 or 3 years ago!

I may even drive mine to London once. i am thinking of taking a European tour in the summer and am tempted to come to the UK to be stealthed but I also want to head east to Poland, Czech Republic and Hungary to visit friends.
I guess it should be possible to get a decent remap in Germany too?
There are definately more A2's here than when they were being made. I guess a lot of people are finding 3.2l cars do not work with London traffic and parking. Although on my street there is a glutt of the somethat overgrown Mini Countryman 4x4. That is the strangest and most misleading named car I have seen in quite a while... It is taller and wider than a Mercedes CLC.

John

If you look at the rate of parts appearing on Ebay ... and I mean major parts ... there wont be that many left in a few years time! They bare rising rapidly in price. too! Have you looked at my thread in the "general" section, titled "butchers shop"?

David

Perhaps many of the A2's are migrating to London. In two months (1000 miles) I've only seen two in motion in south Wiltshire/Dorset Border. I always see one parked up in Barford St Martin.

Back