Advice - Help needed

67boris

A2OC Donor
Hi,

I have a 2001 A2 1.4 Tdi 75 with 203000 miles on the clock. Brought it from UK to Cyprus six years ago and it was the best car I've ever had! I said WAS as it was crashed by my son recently (he's ok buy the way, safety features worked perfectly on a 14 year old car).

I've been looking for a replacement for a couple of months now, but I would much prefer to repair my own car. Call me emotional, but doing a104000 miles in less than six years without ANY PROBLEM, means to me the car is worth saving.

The help I need from you good people at the A2OC is to determine if I am to emotional and if it's really worth saving it. If it is, then help in finding reasonably priced parts would be ver, very much appreciated.
Here is the photo, so please, ANY HELP OR ADVICE IS GREATLY APPRECIATED!
Kind Regards,
Boris
View attachment 19727

I'm not in any way qualified to make a judgement on the level of damage but from an economical point of view it looks to be not worth saving but if you love the car then if you use second hand parts then it may be worth doing.

I have a lot of the parts you require and Yorkeshirehill is breaking a silver A2 so may also be able to help but I would imagine postage to Cyprus may be an issue.

Steve,

Thanks for a quick reply!

Yes I will/wood do the work myself.
if I could source most parts from the same suuplier, then I could arrange to ship them to Cyprus in a container or on crate.
How far from North London are you?

Boris

About 150-180 miles so quite a way unfortunately. I only have the front panel (see my for sale thread), wing supports, impact bar and front wings (in cobalt blue) so would be unable to supply you with everything you need.

About 150-180 miles so quite a way unfortunately. I only have the front panel (see my for sale thread), wing supports, impact bar and front wings (in cobalt blue) so would be unable to supply you with everything you need.

Steve,
The postage prices for the front panel and front bar are for UK, I suppose it covers postage to Wembley?
Can you help me get in contact with Yorkeshirehill to check what they may offer?
Thanks,
Boris

Looking at the damage to your car, it is far more severe than to an earlier A2 that I had owned, and that was a write-off. I would suggest that you buy another A2 that might need only mechanical work doing on it. Then make the best of the two cars. There will be lots of parts to then sell and recoup your money spent.

David

Steve,
The postage prices for the front panel and front bar are for UK, I suppose it covers postage to Wembley?
Can you help me get in contact with Yorkeshirehill to check what they may offer?
Thanks,
Boris

Yes, it would cover anywhere in the UK. If you were buying both then the postage could be combined. Yorkshirehill is a member on here. She has a breaking thread in the classifieds so you could just private message/post on that thread.

Last edited:
Thanks to both Steve and David!

I have some more thinking to do, but please anybody with an opinion is more than welcome to contribute.

Thank again,

Boris

Steve,

I don't need the radiator, would you consider selling the front panel without it? I would take the bar as well.

Boris

Steve,

I don't need the radiator, would you consider selling the front panel without it? I would take the bar as well.

Boris

Hi Boris

The radiator has little second-hand value so I wouldn't really look to separate them to sell as individual items. I could possibly take it off before sending to Wembley to save weight when it leaves the country if that would help?

Hi Boris sorry, but looking at the damage from the photo (but not having inspected the car in person), I would suggest that both economically and safety point of view it is a write-off. The impact point and damage to the bonnet area would suggest that the whole of the drive train has been disturbed. The resulting shock damage to the rest of the frame would need to be assessed, ideally by an Audi space frame expert who will have the relevant experience in Aluminimum construction. Of course if money is no object then all things are possible but there has to be cut off point when reason takes over.

Last edited:
Back