Advice on Aluminium Repair Centres

fhl

Hi All,

My cherished A2 has suffered a buckle on the front offside chassis strut after a coach clipped my front bumper. Can anyone recommend a good value aluminium repairer as I'd like to have its geometry restored?

I would try contacting your local Audi and see if you can find out who do their body work as they often use an outside repair centre. When i had the front door hinges done on my car Audi used these guy's, http://www.citycentrecarcare.co.uk/
and very professional they were too. Just thought that might be a good place to start!

You should ask Mike Skipton who did his repairs. He had extensive repairs done and they did a cracking job.

Cheers

David

Unfortunately, Andrew has already been in touch with Smith Knight Fay who did such a sterling job on Tank, but their rough quote here is a lot higher as the offside chassis leg is buckled and they want to go down the replace route, rather than the jig and straighten route.

Andrew is currently trying to get a quote of less than £4000 for the repairs. I inspected the car today and it's a shame the bill is so big, as there's little damage other than a bumper and bonnet needed - no other breakages really, certainly nothing major. It's just the chassis that needs a bit of pulling, but then that's the expensive bit with an ally car!

Cheers

Mike

Back