Advice sought: Replacement ARB bushes for front H&R 22mm diameter antiroll bar

fhl

Hi All, My front ARB bush requires replacement after my MOT this morning. I have an H&R front antiroll bar for my TDI 90 and it is 22mm diameter. Original bushes are 18 to 20.8mm diameter I believe and the latter have been dropped by Audi. Does anyone know of an alternative which would fit the A2 e.g. for another VAG group car? Say a Polo 9N for example. I need it quickly so I do not think it will be viable to order from H & R in Germany. By the way, I've tried Demon Tweeks but they only supply the complete ARB with the bushes. I'm looking for a UK stockist given my time constraints due to MOT. Thanks all!

Thank you @Catnip64. I checked the OEM part number which is 8Z0411314B and is 20.8mm diameter and fits Polo 9N too. I remembered that I purchased a Meyle HD droplink set which included the Meyle HD equivalent which is also 20.8mm. I found these in my garage and think these will do also.

I fitted the power flex ones after two other makes . Now all nice and quiet. Have used these before and they squeak after a while, but so far all good.

I fitted the power flex ones after two other makes . Now all nice and quiet. Have used these before and they squeak after a while, but so far all good.
Which power flex ones did you end up using? Was it for a VW T5/T6 Transporter like @Catnip64 suggested above?

They are A2 ones part number PFF85-603-18. As far I can remember that Audi don't sell genuine ones any more.

C and R enterprises or demon tweeks sell them.

Cheers
David

They are A2 ones part number PFF85-603-18. As far I can remember that Audi don't sell genuine ones any more.

C and R enterprises or demon tweeks sell them.

Cheers
David
Hi David, Thanks for the part number but it seems to be for the 18mm diameter anti roll bar, not the 22mm diameter required for the H&R uprated anti roll bar. The Meyle HD anti roll bar bushes are 21mm so these may just work at a squeeze.

Hadn't realised it wasn't a factory bar ours is the thicker of the two fitted on A2s.
I bought two different makes think one was even Meyle they didn't last 5 minutes.
They did come from ECP though.

Hadn't realised it wasn't a factory bar ours is the thicker of the two fitted on A2s.
I bought two different makes think one was even Meyle they didn't last 5 minutes.
They did come from ECP though.
Thank you for sharing your experience on the Powerflex anti roll bar bushes

Back