Aero wiper?

esson

Emmm, one mod I'd like to get to doing is replacing my old-style wiper with a floppy or Aero one. Does anyone have a clue what I need to replace and where I can get a hold of the parts?
Cheers!

Hi Udi
Ernstens the guy too ask he has a friend who produces an adaptor
so all you have to do is get the adaptor buy an aero blade from audi
then it is an easy 2-3 min swap over his link is:
http://www.a2oc.net/forum/member.php?u=2684

the only other way is to aquire a new aero arm and blade via the breakers or audi and swap your old one out and the new in
This has proved time consuming as the old wiper arm can be a real problem too remove!!!
went the adaptor route last month and took no time at all and well happy with the result!!
goodluck with which ever way you choose togo
Coco:):)

That was Steffen from our German Forum. I took the money ba Paypal and he sent teh adapters. But he has no time for adapters at the moment.

Well then, I don't need it right now, perhaps he could get to sending it until the 11th of December? That's when I go back to Romania.. Thanks for the help guys! Good to see that the A2OC is still here for those in need =)

You could try some scrapyards to see if they have any A2's with the new style wiper on, thats whats i did new arm and wiper about £35

Phil

Wiper arm

I got one for the missus car from the stealers and they charged around £70 for the new style wiper arm and wiper blade, as these two items are sold seperatley with new bollts for the arm's as they sometimes have a yendacy to sieze up.

Hi again, I've tried several breakers, no luck finding a new arm..
What's my best option at the moment ? Order a replacement blade for the old-style wiper(the blade that's currently on the car squeaks very badly) ? If so, where could I get a new blade? Thanks.

Hi esson
Short term I'd give the screen a really good clean (I use Halfords intensive glass cleaning cream, normally used before applying RainX or Halfords own brand glass treatment) Some club members also say RainX reduces wiper judder but regular treatment is required - every 2 or 3 months in winter. Next fit a new blade from your Audi dealer. Virtually no one else supplies blades which fit, although many claim to.
Keep searching the breakers for a 'floppy' arm but if you can't find one a floppy blade adaptor is available from a guy in Germany - see post 31 of this thread for more info - http://www.a2oc.net/forum/showthread.php?t=8048&highlight=arm+adaptor

Cheers Spike

How much would a replacement blade for the old-style wiper be if purchased from an Audi Dealer? Is there really no other place I could get it besides a dealer? I think shipping will take a long time for the blade from a dealer.. Thanks!

Its about £12 from a dealer and i've not found anywhere else that does sell them, some list that they do but when you go to order them as there not big enough, to be honest i don't think thats to bad from a dealer anyway

Phil

Back