Air-bag in front seats/change of upholstry

Jossi

Hi.
A car upholsterer did the job and mouted new original upholstry from light grey to black in my A2. Well he ripped off the air bag covers and just covered up with no hole for the bag to come out. And threw the covers in the bin. Result :Airbag lamp constant ON and the Audi dealer whom recomended the man agrees that something must be wrong. Airbag cannot be dismanteled !they say.

It looks nice though....

I´m taking a fight with both dealer and upholsterer.

jossi

Hi jossi
Check out the attached link - it certainly looks like they cannot be dismantled as the side airbag and cover are only available as a unit.
http://etka.auto2.ru/au/A2/2001/248/56/3108802/

Regarding the airbag lamp - has the dealer checked the wiring has been re-connected underneath the seats and the fault code cleared.

Cheers Spike

it's not worth chasing audi, what it may be worth doing is saying to the upholsterer if he does not pay the cost to remedy the fault he has caused you will be taking him to court to sue him for the money, he may well act a lot more professional then and sort it for you

Deal nor Upolster will not/cannot touch the airbag simply because it is classed as an explosive divice? from what I can remember they simply have to replace the whole unit. Unless its wires i'd say dealer/upolster is in for a new airbag + fitting unit :( i'd fight for that one!

Back