Air bag plug connection release?

Nigel245

A2OC Donor
Well I now have my 3 spoke wheel ready for recovering. Quick question! How do you release the central yellow airbag connection as the plug has a broken bit on it? I want to use my existing wiring connector on my car when I replace my 4 spoke wheel and airbag. I was reluctant to start tugging at this yellow plug on the back of the air bag without some idea how it comes off:confused: Thanks

D1BBF94B-E4DB-4A1D-BCD4-68DCFB0C5EE1.jpeg

Well I now have my 3 spoke wheel ready for recovering. Quick question! How do you release the central yellow airbag connection as the plug has a broken bit on it? I want to use my existing wiring connector on my car when I replace my 4 spoke wheel and airbag. I was reluctant to start tugging at this yellow plug on the back of the air bag without some idea how it comes off:confused: Thanks

View attachment 42132
if you look at the picture in the centre of the yellow area you will see what looks like a mouth with two eye above it. I believe that if you put your nail in the "mouth" it slides down and releases the catch, but I can't remember for sure.

Steve B

The small wiring loom between the slip ring and the airbag is different for 3-spoke and 4-spoke steering wheels.
The loom shown in the photo above, for your 3-spoke steering wheel, is for an A4. So, unfortunately, neither of the looms you currently have will work.

Unless you buy the correct part, you'll have to make a hybrid loom from the two you've currently got. Unless you're confident that your soldering is of a good standard, this is best avoided as you're dealing with an explosive.

Cheers,

Tom

The small wiring loom between the slip ring and the airbag is different for 3-spoke and 4-spoke steering wheels.
The loom shown in the photo above, for your 3-spoke steering wheel, is for an A4. So, unfortunately, neither of the looms you currently have will work.

Unless you buy the correct part, you'll have to make a hybrid loom from the two you've currently got. Unless you're confident that your soldering is of a good standard, this is best avoided as you're dealing with an explosive.

Cheers,

Tom

Cheers Tom,
Didn’t want to use the loom in the photo as slightly damaged and thought my existing loom on my A2 would have been fine? Did think all looms were the same and the wheels were interchangeable? Any idea where best to get the correct loom??

Back