Air Mass meter

steveb

A2OC Donor
United-Kingdom
I keep getting the fault for the Air Mass sensor when i scan the car, (no symptons), i have tried cleaning it but the fault still comes back. Autodoc do multipul makes of sensor, does anyone know the make of the original item ? I can't see a makers name on the one fitted.

Thanks

Steve

I keep getting the fault for the Air Mass sensor when i scan the car, (no symptons), i have tried cleaning it but the fault still comes back. Autodoc do multipul makes of sensor, does anyone know the make of the original item ? I can't see a makers name on the one fitted.

Thanks

Steve
If there is no manufacturer's name, and part number, it is not the original Audi part. If it's not genuine, then that's most likely be the problem, no brand, probably Chinese. Only use a genuine Audi or Bosch replacement.
Mac.

The part was on the car when i got it 199000 miles ago .... . It looks original and has only recently come up as a fault with no symptons I'm aware off

The part was on the car when i got it 199000 miles ago .... . It looks original and has only recently come up as a fault with no symptons I'm aware off
I'm recommending you seriously consider fitting a genuine Audi or Bosch replacement. Most of us on here have cars that their previou owners weren't as fastidious about as we are. ?
Mac.

Are you aware that the maf is the same in the tdi’s as the fsi. May give you an option to find a fsi one easier than one from a tdi

Back