Airbag Light - Igniter resistance too high

PaulA2

I have an issue with the Airbag light coming on more frequently now and I am somewhat concerned it is the bad one to have:

00588 - Airbag Igniter; Driver Side (N95)
32-10 - Resistance too High - Intermittent

Is this an issue within the seat? Keen to get it resolved being a safety item as I believe when the light is on all airbags are in-active.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Paul

I have an issue with the Airbag light coming on more frequently now and I am somewhat concerned it is the bad one to have:

00588 - Airbag Igniter; Driver Side (N95)
32-10 - Resistance too High - Intermittent

Is this an issue within the seat? Keen to get it resolved being a safety item as I believe when the light is on all airbags are in-active.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Paul

Hi Paul

The RossTech fault code database shows this - http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/00588
One of the checks refers to a slipring and spring which suggests its the steering wheel airbag. Obviously the airbag turns with the wheel and must use the slipring to maintain electrical contact. A good starting point would be to check the ring and mating contacts are clean etc. We don't recommend our members work on airbags but if you do, take the usual safety precautions regarding static, disconnecting the battery well in advance of starting work etc.

Cheers Spike

Cheers Spike,

Thanks for the pointer! I hope that it is the slip ring as this seems like the easiest fix.

Back