Alarm Siren

Kleynie

A2OC Donor
Hi all,

So I got back from holiday yesterday to find a package from A2Steve, containing an alarm Siren I had asked him for previously, so today, after a few other mishaps on the car, I plugged it in to try it.

Before I plugged it in, there was no alarm in the car before, it had probably been removed, although the wire was there for it. So I plugged it in, and tested the alarm system, someone sat in the car, I locked it and they moved to set off the alarm, it worked, but only with the indicators, all of them went off as they should, but my newly plugged in alarm, which was loose in the boot, made no sound.

I have no idea where to even start with this problem, so any help at all is appreciated.
Thanks,

Adam

Hi Adam, its likely that the alarm unit is faulty, replace it again and try again.
This is becoming more and more common with these units failing, I have this issue with my daughters car, as well as my original Project Shoby car to fix.

Infact, I'd suggest everybody run a test on their own cars and see.

Sarge

Hi Adam, its likely that the alarm unit is faulty, replace it again and try again.
This is becoming more and more common with these units failing, I have this issue with my daughters car, as well as my original Project Shoby car to fix.

Infact, I'd suggest everybody run a test on their own cars and see.

Sarge
Thanks Sarge, I'll test it on a voltmeter tomorrow, this should tell me if it's the alarm or not.

Adam,

If you don’t manage to get the alarm working I can look to remove the alarm part you’re after from an A2 in a breakers near my work, although I’m not at work now until Tue 28 Aug. If you can wait that long PM me your mobile number so I can text you the cost once I have it from the breakers yard owner. It would also help if you could send a picture of exactly what you’re after along with where it is located to aid me in quicker removal.

Kind regards,

Tom

@Kleynie Hi Adam, just spotted this. If it turns out to be the alarm I sent then I will of course send a full refund.
Steve, I get the feeling it's not the alarm, I need to have a proper, thorough look, but if it does turn out to be, either that or another alarm would be excellent. Thanks Steve.

Adam,

If you don’t manage to get the alarm working I can look to remove the alarm part you’re after from an A2 in a breakers near my work, although I’m not at work now until Tue 28 Aug. If you can wait that long PM me your mobile number so I can text you the cost once I have it from the breakers yard owner. It would also help if you could send a picture of exactly what you’re after along with where it is located to aid me in quicker removal.

Kind regards,

Tom
Tom,
I'll get back to you on that offer dependent on what is wrong with it and if I do end up needing another alarm. If I do take you up on the offer, do you know what sort of price the breakers yard would charge?
Thanks,

Adam

Tom,
I'll get back to you on that offer dependent on what is wrong with it and if I do end up needing another alarm. If I do take you up on the offer, do you know what sort of price the breakers yard would charge?
Thanks,

Adam

Hi Adam,

I have no connection to the breakers yard and honestly don’t know until I get there. Removing parts from the A2 was very cheap at first but the more I go there the more he investigates prices of common items I think.

For an example his pricing seems strange as he is after £50 for the complete OSS (which does wind back on the handle) which is fairly cheap but he is also after £50 for the headlights which is on par with eBay prices.

If you can send me a picture of what you’re after and where it is located before I return to work Tue 28th I can enquirer.

Kind regards,

Tom

This is the alarm gadget. I took it out of my scrapper only yesterday, if you don't get sorted drop me a pm

Attachments

• DSC_0904.JPG
    DSC_0904.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 301
This is the alarm gadget. I took it out of my scrapper only yesterday, if you don't get sorted drop me a pm

Thanks Jonny,

Can you confirm it’s location in the A2 so I can remove the correct trim to get to it. Not that there is much trim fitted anymore after the dashboard and PDC removal.

Kind regards,

Tom

Its in the boot. open the tailgate and down to your right hand side below the light cluster under the plastic trim you will see it, its held on with a 13 mil nut,
DSC_0906.jpg

Last edited:
So, I have got in the boot, set the alarm off and checked the trigger for power, I got nothing, can anyone tell me where the fuse is located for the alarm please?
Thanks

I have seen that before although it does not actually say where fusebox 2 is in the car, it is just an arrow, is it under the floor?
The way I read the diagram for location 2, just needs transposing the diagram to right hand drive and is main fuse box under steering wheel. Fuse 36 looks the candidate according to list.

Andy

Back