Alarm won't start going off went car alarm set

POSH DAVE

A2OC Donor
I have been having problems with my a2!
A while back the beep that sounds when you set the alarm stopped sounding which I thought was the alarm siren failing , then the other week the the alarm went off in the night and I noticed the fuel flap was open so thought it was because this may have been left open that made the alarm sound ? Took it to a friend to plug it in and run tests,(not vag) he said it came up with loads of faults? Then from reading the forum thought it may be the flasher unit which I ordered and was about to fit but the car is due into the garage for full test decided to leave just in case it wasn't needed. Again after reading the forum looked like it could be the cccu system so looked under the floor today to check and make a note of the model number : 8Z0 959 433P have read a lot about the Q model but not the P one ? Anyway also read about disconnecting the main battery and it may reset the system ? Tried this and when I set the alarm the old setting beep had come back ? Great I thought its all working again until I set the alarm tonight and after about 30mins the alarm went off and took a bit to switch off but then again after a bit of time went off again but this time wouldn't go off so had to disconnect the battery ??? Any ideas as I'm now double stumped ?

Hi sounds typical of ccu failing, perhaps if you can get a full scan done on vcds it would help.

Good luck! It's a shame I am not visiting my parents for a while as they live up that way and would have gladly scanned and helped where I could.

You could try turning the interior sensing off by pressing the upper of the two buttons on the drivers door panel- the one above fuel flap button. This won't fix the problem of needing the ccu repairing but may help the peace for you and your neighbours - not that the alarm is very loud. Cheers mike

Back