ALARMS..

Status
Not open for further replies.

EF MAX

On the A2 the factory fitted alarm,, any good, any upgrades, or do you just fit a decent aftermarket bit of kit.

The locks,, on my previous car I de-locked both doors,, is it worth it on the A2 or are they better than most.

Just asking before I purchase mine as if the Audi alarm kit is okay then I will stick with that.

Those who have fitted after market stuff what have you fitted and what is the reliability and performance like.

I still have, from my last car, a decent paging alarm system with bells and whistles that I was thinking of using and a local company do window tints using Anti-Bandit Film that banks use on their windows.

TIA

I've only had one or two false alarms from the alarm in the 15 months I have owned my A2 so I'd say it's fairly reliable. The only thing I 'd point out is that it is very quiet and worth upgrading the speaker.

2001 TDi SE | Open Sky Roof | Kenwood Mask CD
It's not too late to register to come to the A2OC social!
www.Audi-A2.co.uk | www.A2Forum.net

Can you tell something more about the anti-bandit film ??

Is it expensive ?
Can you do it yourself ?
Do the windows have to be removed ?

Thanks !

Dennis de Held

Amulet Red 1.4 Tdi

Dennis, the glass film is a good idea and should be fitted professionaly. Over here it's quite expensive but I think is probably worth it for real peace of mind. Have a look at: http://www.pentagonglasstech.com/

I used to have a sports car with more than a few toys in it and as part of a serious defence system I got the windows tinted by a company in Reading called Eclipse.

At first their time keeping was crap but once that was sorted the service and the fitting was top class and they gave me a £75 discount to say sorry for letting me down time wise..

I paid £200 to have the two front windows on the door, the two rear quarter light windows and the back window sorted. The rear window on this car was really curvy so they had to take it out to fit the film.

Basically it is a tinted window film with an extra micro thin film attached to it. The stuff I had was the same that the HSBC used in their UK banks and this stuff is serious.

I was given a demo before it was fitted and the guy used, spark plugs, bricks and a bit of lead pipe.

When he attacked the glass I jumped because I expected it to shatter,, after a few attempts I was giggling and urging him to try harder.

This was a guy who must have weighed in at 90Kg and it took him a good few attempts before the glass splintered and a few more attempts before it shattered completely,, when it did shatter the film held all the glass in place.

The colour that I choose was a mild smoked grey which was slightly reflective on the outside.

You get the benefits of the extra tint and the security issue is covered.

Personally I will never own a car again without it as I was attacked at a set of traffic lights once and the attacker was desperate to get into my car but he failed in such a short space of time.

EF MAX - please can you post some info about Eclipse - their phone number/web address.
How long did the whole job take to complete?

Will go down to their shop tomorrow as they are only 10 mins down the road and I will get some up todate info, prices etc for you.

OKAY,, Eclipse are still in the same place, their details are

ECLIPSE HOUSE
578 OXFORD ROAD
READING
BERKS RG30 1EG

TEL - 0118 954 5538.
TEL - 0797 328 4319.

They still do the tinted Anti Bandit stuff.

For an A2 we are looking at £350-£400.

I was told that they are better now and can now do more things,, personally I thought that they would good before.

I sold my car Sept just gone and after 20 months of that film being on my car and having been through almost two winters,, I can honestly say,, not once has the film scratched, misted up underneath, peeled off, flaked,, it has just sat where it was put and after some jobs that I have seen other companies do this to me is a good job done well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back