Alloys and Tyres

charger

Hi all ,

I have had a a2 a while now and im not sure if its me but it can be quite bumpy and i can feel the bumps and everything im not sure if this would help but the tyres and alloys are hard to find what alloys will fit on the a2 ?

will audi TT alloys fit ?

Can people advise the best alloys for the a2 ?

:)

Pre 2006 model TT will fit the A2, as will pre 2003 A3 and quite a few other VAG group wheels with 100PCD. If you search the wheels and tyres forum there is lots of debate and pictures about the best wheels for the A2. My personal favourite looks wise is the new model RS4 alloy on 17". Take a quick look at 'Bammers' profile avatar to see this if you dont know which it is.
Some members have gone to 18" rims, however there are varying reports on ride quality. On the Sport model theyed be very unforgiving on all but the best roads! If you are concerned about the ride quality however, you want to look at smaller wheels - theres a few 15" wheels for the A2.

Edit: Heres a good thread on wheels. Although I still reckon you need to consider smaller wheels or upgrading your suspension if you find it too 'bumpy' - what model A2 do you have?

http://www.a2oc.net/forum/showthread.php?t=9543

Last edited:
Model

I have a 1.4TDI 2001 model ,

It just seems bumpy . I dont really want to spent much on the car as its just a run about and a car we use for long miles etc . I just want a nice cheap set of alloys for it as the orginal ones are hard to find tyres and they are really expensive . So whats the cheapest comfy ride alloys ?

If you search for Koni FSD then you'll discover the source of the harshness, lack of damping.

Your cheapest way to get better ride is to get 15" wheels, this gives much more padding on the tyre wall to soften the bumps. Wheels will be cheap, 15" tyres will also be cheaper too! I've got FSD, 16" wheels with slightly larger tyres and the ride is just about acceptable.

If you already have 16", just go for another tyre dimension that is cheaper (195/50 ?).
If you have 15" wheels, you can either stick with them (with 185/60-15 tyres that are common and cheap), or upgrade to 16" using A3 or TT alloys (old style both).
Or 17" TT's but then comfort is mostly lost.

Back