Also for me , New Year New Errors

JoeGoodson

I would lie at saying i am not happy with my A2 but since i bought this car ( 3 months now ) everything is getting worse.

1) Temperature indicator is now dead. Staying at 0 while driving ( and just sometimes returning back to 90 degrees )

2) abs + esp light on

the newer one now....

3) engine yellow light on.

Although the car is still running smooth ( did not notice any power loss or speed decrease ) i am concerned i will have to pay lot of money to fix all of those issues and i really don't want to as i have other priorities at the moment.

I really don't know anyone or any garage near by ( i live in london, East acton ). What do you guys advise me to do ?

Cheers ,
Joe.

The first 2 issues sound like sensor failures. If you aren't handy enough to carry out some DIY on the car, may I suggest you contact Sarge in East London or Tony (hotstuff) in Milton Keynes by PM to arrange a diagnostic scan and obtain some advice on any necessary repairs. I'm aware that Sarge is very busy with family stuff at the moment so Tony may be your best bet. Both are qualified mechanics that know the A2 inside and out, plus labour rates are considerably lower than dealers.

Get the thing scanned, I do believe there is a Guardian Angel who goes by the name Steve B, who does not live a million miles away from you....

I'm sure someone could lend you a hand by scanning the car for you, wether it be the Angel variety or someone else who has time and a little patience.

I obviously cannot speak for other members, but we all seem to be a friendly bunch.

Until you get the thing scanned, I wouldn't worry too much.

Agree, contact Sarge, or Birchall to get a scan and take it from there.

Agreed too, PM Sarge if he's available or as johnmed said: Birchall not a millions of miles away from ya, popping there will atleast let you know where you stand with your little A2!
All the best.

thank you very much to everyone for the support.
I know about Sarge being busy at the moment and that's why i did not mention him right now. I was anyway not aware about the other two members. I will surely contact them and ask for a scan !

Thank you guys,
This forum and its members is really something you can rely on.

Back