Alternator faulty

Hi there - I,m having problems with my alternator for my 2001 a2 petrol 1.4 fitted with Aua type engine and aircon.

Can someone please confirm for me if this is the correct part number I require - 037903026b.

I would be most grateful if someone to check if this is suitable for my needs

All the best - david

What's the issue? it is is low or inconsistent voltage, it is most likely the inverter circuit that is worn out. If you take it out, unscrew the plastic cover, there should be a removable electronic part. While I haven't needed to do that on my A2, I did that on my other car. It is a common Bosch part that only cost about £15. Most of the so-called remanufacturered alternators on ebay are basically old ones with that cheap part replaced, wire-brushed the dirt and given a sprat of silver paint to make it look good. Then charges you £100-£300.

Hi there - I think the bearings are getting noisy and the pulley may be making a noise also. I plan on buying a reasonably priced secondhand unit and fit new pulley plus maybe the part you suggested if the price is that low.

Regards david

Last edited:
Hi there - just looked at advert again and seller is advertising other items from same car (non aircon I guess then) - thanks for your help anyway.

All the best - david

Back