Aluminium Jack !

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

RTV

This is my first post, so a big hello to everyone.

I've had my A2 TDI for a month now and am enjoying
it more and more. Performed very well in the recent snow.

Audi have really gone to town on the design of this little
car. I was surprised to find out that even the Jack is made from Aluminium, although I'm not sure why I would ever need to use it as I don't have a spare wheel!

Audi are known for their attention to detail. Just hope they keep applying it to their build quality!.

Steve - 2002 1.4SE petrol, Silver, black/black interior, Then an identical replacement 2003 A2. Now a Toyota Corolla 1.6 T-Spirit

Bit late in answering this topic, but the A2 car jack is a cracker!.
I had cause to use the jack recently, when I decided not to rejoin the puncture club, and applied Ultra Seal instead.
It must be the best supplied car jack I've ever used, and beautifully thought out. Just tap the plastic caps off, pop it into the hole (easily visible) and wind it up.Looking at the jack you'd think it would'nt be strong enough, but it is!.
My last car was a A Class Lwb Merc and you had to grovel underneath to locate the jack which would twist out of position until it had the weight of the car. Before that I had a Espace Dci which involved grovelling around when using the jack. Fabulous motor though, except for running costs.
Regards JohnW. 2002 Tdi SE.

Whats ultra seal then ?

2002 TDI SE - Silver - Open Sky System

Hello RTV, for info on Ultra Seal see Space Saver thread below this one. Something I did'nt mention in my previos messages about this brilliant stuff was the fact that it had been used by NASA for the Lunar Moon Buggys tyres (must have expected to encounter some nails and things, lying about!). A friend of mine (who's having both his cars and his bike Ultra Sealed )went to a motor cycle show in London last week, and watched punters attacking a tyre with a spike ALL DAY without it deflating!.I'm so impressed with the safety aspects of this product that I would go so far as saying that it should be applied by vehicle manufacturers. The owner would re-apply it when they fitted a new set of tyres.(10 mins at most per tyre)
Regards JohnW. 2002 Tdi Se

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back