aluminium trim accessories/tuning

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

David Buchanan

Any one know where to get hold of the aluminium trim that goes around the dials and gear shift base- you konw the ones that came with later A2 models. Saw a web site on the Club about a year ago and can't find any details.
Would just like to freshen up the interior a bit.
Tuning- 1.4 petrol. Anyone do tuning upgrades closer to central England, rather than down in Dover.

David B

David, I've been talking with the company that makes the rings and the situation is that they have not started producing the dial rings yet. They say that the only design that they are willing to do is similar to the dial set up of the Alfa 147 - where the rings petrude from the dials. I don't think this is really very suitable for the A2, but I have asked them to send a sample to me to see how they really look. Not sure if I'll ever receive this sample, but only time will tell! If it makes you feel any better, I too desperately want the rings for my A2!

In terms of other aluminium trim, I'm sure this can be purchased direct from Audi, or VagParts or also have a look at: http://www.abtsportsline.co.uk/cars.php3?screen=details&last=interior&make=1&model=1&id=722
There are members discounts for VagParts and ABT in the members forum section.

[img=left]http://www.a2forum.net/stuart.gif[/img=left]Stuart Diamond: A2OC Founder | Forum Administrator

2001 TDi SE:http://www.audi-a2.co.uk/uk1.htm Cobalt Blue Metallic | Open Sky Roof | Kenwood Mask CD | Front Centre Armrest | Front Centre Tray

A2OC Website | A2OC Forum | Join the A2OC!

Not sure if I've given an update on another thread already. Anyway, the aluminum bits are all order-able, but not as a standalone part. For example,
- Aluminum dial rings are part of the dash unit, which there are different part numbers for the units with and without.
- The little alu strip on the front door side arm rests are again, integral to the door panel part available in two different part numbers with and without.
- The handle bar (above glove box) alu highlight strip is part of that handle bar which isn't too expensive.
- Glove box open handle available as a part
- Gear stick column surround as available from VAG parts

Needless to say, I'm a bit disappointed because the aluminum highlights are very smart looking but very silly to replace the whole door panel or dash unit just for that little bit of metal. And special thanks to Martyn from VAG parts who has been very helpful in finding out all that for me.

humps
1.4SE Cobalt Blue, Bose and leather

It all seems a bit too much bother to flash the car up with retro fit aluminium. I keep an eye on the new MINI scene- want one, but don't want to get rid of the A2. There is so much after market stuff for that car, including aluminium/chrome bits for the interior. Pity the A2 doesn't generate that much interest.

David B

David

Mmmmmmm, very Nova/Corsa scene if you ask me (add-ons for the new mini). Ok tastefully done maybe, and the Mini still is a new model, but how will they look in a few years?. Stick to some basic Audi aluminium trim and it looks far more classy IMHO.

Steve - 2002 1.4SE petrol, Silver, black/black interior, Then an identical replacement 2003 A2. Now a Toyota Corolla 1.6 T-Spirit

Or as we say overhere "In de beperking toont zich de meester", roughly translates to "Only the master limitates himself."

Dennis de Held

Amulet Red 1.4 Tdi

MINI add ons if tastfully done then yes- I'm a bit old for the nova/corsa scene. Alu for the A2 is the DB's but surely from what Humps says it's all a bit excessive to replace door panels etc just for some added sparkle. If they can do it for the MINI without too much bother then why not for Audi? Market forces probably.
Ah well.

David B

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back