Am I the oldest member

Kaine

Past Member
Not by actual age, but by active member age - I owned a 51 plate tai back in 2001 and joined the forum in 2002. Now 14 years later I'm back with a second runabout for work and wondered if there are any members from the early days still here and active?

Ben joined in 2000 and is still active. Far from old right enough being not much past 40.

You pip Spike for membership by a couple of months. He bought his TDI new in March 2001 and it's still a minter

2005 for me with my new at the time TDI special edition; which I duly enhanced. :cool:

After passing over my pride and joy to Mrs C at the back end of 2011, I am now returning to the fold good and proper with an excellent FSI. This I take ownership of tomorrow. ;)

Do I recall correctly Kaine that you moved on to a VW Touran? Old grey matter might well be playing games I accept.

Reactions: chb
Darren - I swapped my first A2 for a Touareg

The word "touarag" refers to a wondering nomadic tribe and i,d like to think that you have been meandering in the wilderness before eventually coming back into the fold - good result !. :)

My main toy is a VW T5 which I'm slowing converting from a Panel van into a Day Van - my 4 year old loves the Bus

My main toy is a VW T5 which I'm slowing converting from a Panel van into a Day Van - my 4 year old loves the Bus

Can we see some pics? There's a section on the club for other cars. I think a T4/T5 and an A2 is the perfect 2 car combo and will be the replacement when the Avant is worn out.

Its work in progress as funds allow

2015-09-18 15.56.00.jpg

2015-09-18 15.55.51.jpg

So many A2 / Van owners.
Torn between the T5 or a T25? (first boxy ones)
Problem for me is the other half wont drive anything big therefore by default id loose my A2!!!!

I'm conscious this thread has naturally morphed to discussion on cool panel vans :p - but considering the original question from Kaine I wonder if we should track down Stuart Diamond who originally founded A2OC to see what he's up to now and ask his perspective on the car and the club 15 years on?

Back