Another A2 3L

Carlos M

A2OC Donor
Hello everyone,

Carlos here, writing from Portugal. My wife got herself a 2001 A2, 1.2 TDi a few months ago and we fell in love with this big little car. I have never seen another A2 3L in Portugal and neither has the two Audi dealers I've visited so far. I had no idea how advanced it was until I started looking for information before closing the deal. We were no strangers to the 3 cyl TDi as the previous family car was a Polo 1.4 TDi that we sold with aprox 270 k km and that served us mostly loyally. When we realized the concept of the 3L version it was decided as we commute 100 km a day.

Anyway, this Audi is originally from Germany from where the previous owner imported it. It has air conditioning, power steering and the rear seats are individually lowered. It's black and all beige inside (dash and seats). Bought with 168 K km in very nice condition. It has a lot of paperwork from the previous owners, most of it from the German one.

I found this forum recently and really liked the enthusiastic and helpful atmosphere. Been lurking here for a while but decided to introduce myself as I'll need a bit of help with the hydraulic actuation of clutch and gearbox. I'll post that in the appropriate maintenance section.

Thanks for having all the info on this forum available for the world,

Carlos

Welcome, and enjoy your 3L! Us in the UK are all secretly very jealous as Audi never made the 3L in right-hand-drive and so never sold them over here.
There are quite a few active 3L users here though with lots of advice and experience on the hydraulic systems. Best of luck!

Bem-Vindo Carlos,
Estas mesmo na certo lugar para toda informacao sobra o seu A2!!!:cool: enjoy.

Trans| welcome Carlos, you are surely in the right place for all the information about your A2.

Thanks for the welcoming!

I've started a thread in the Servicing section but it's taking a while to get to my problem :) (I suspect water contamination in the hydraulic fluid) as the messages I posted are subject to moderation and they take a while to be online. Is there something I should change in my settings or is this the regular way?

Thanks again!

Back