Information Another A2 selling scam

Sarge

A2OC Donor
I continue to look for A2's & I saw this scam advert on Gumtree and decided to email seller, I told Gumtree it is a scam but they refused to remove his add which seems to show he is located at different places in each add.

Heres one of the adds:

http://www.gumtree.com/london/26/33836426.html

heres another

http://www.gumtree.com/london/17/33835317.html

BE WARNED PEEPS THIS IS A SCAM!

Got this email this morning, with pics attached, anyone know whos the car really belongs to?

Good Day,

I am writing you regarding the: 2005 Audi A2 Black 1.4 TDI SE DIESEL CHEAP MOTORING,Diesel,23000 miles, £ 1800.
It is in perfect condition inside and outside as well,never been implicated in accidents.I never smoke in it and i want to sell it to a serious person. The car is located in London/United Kingdom.
The price that i'm asking for the car is:£1800.The car got MOT,TAX and full service history.
Now i am located in Germany with my bussines and i have nobody in United Kingdom that could show you the car. I need to come personal to meet you and present the car.
Feew weeks ago a buyer told me that he'll buy the car, so we must meet in United Kingdom.I came to United Kingdom because I trusted his word, but when I arrived i call him and no answer, so I lost money and precious time on his promise.I don't want to ask you to send me any money in advance, I just want to see that you are a serious buyer.I will come only for a serious deal. If you don't want to buy it after you will inspect it, no problem, but I need to be sure that you will be there.
To be sure that you are real and serious, here is what I propose:
1. The service name that we'll use is Money Gram transfers.You will find Money Gram agency at all the Post Office in your city and you will go there with your best friend or your wife.Your wife or your friend (relative) will be the sender of the money and you will be the receiver in London.
2.Ask your wife or your friend to send £21800 to your name in London.Is enough for me too see that I have a interested buyer. (I will pay the Money Gram fees when we will meet)
3. Only you can pick up the money from London, so this is no risk on your side.
4. Once the money is sent, you will have to scann the paper from Money Gram and email my.In this way you proof my that you have the money for my car and that you come to London to take your money back and see my car.
5. In the same day I will buy the flight ticket and I will email you the scanned ticket.(We will verify the car with a mechanical service and at police to. I also accept any test)
6. We will meet in London and we will finish the deal.
If you don't want to buy the car I will pay for your transport.I assure you that you will love this car and you will buy it. It is in perfect conditions.
I repeat: You must understand that you will not send the money to me.You will be the receiver of the money and only you can pick the money from Money Gram only in London.
If you are still interested to make the deal with me please reply me or call me.
Please don't spend my time with endless disscutions,or pure curiosity.
My UK phone number is:07549999832.
Thank you for contacting me and hope you will understand my point of view!!!
Respectfully
My Name: Lucas Miller
Phone number:07549999832.

You have been warned!

Regards
SARGE

Last edited by a moderator:
I told Gumtree it is a scam but they refused to remove his add which seems to show he is located at different places in each add.

Very surprised Gumtree will not remove this clearly bogus advert. That car is/was for sale with a legitimate trader on the usual classifieds.

Whilst its most irritating that these dishonest types plague the adverts:mad: ( I used to report those hawking A2's but got fed up of it:eek:) In the final analysis, anyone thinking they can buy an 05 Tdi for £1800 and actually parting with cash via wire transfer before seeing the goods deserves to be stung IMHO ;)

Follow up

To play the game (oh where do I get the time from ...lol), I emailed him this:

It’s all too complicated for me, Bring the car here for me to see it and I will buy it.

His reply:

Hi again,

Okay if you are interesed to buy my car follow my steps tomorrow.
If you will make the Depozit on Money Gram,for 100% i will keep the car for you untill you will be in London.So your wife or your friends will go at Money Gram with cash Pounds and hi/she will send the money from his/she name to your name in Ilford/London/Uk,and after hi/she will make the transfer from Money Gram they will give a paper and you will scan this paper from Money Gram and send in me email ,after i will recived the paper from Money Gram i will buy me plane tickets and send you a copy in your email to proof you that i will come also in London to meet with you and show the car.You will test the car first and after that if the car is ok for you i will put the car on your name in the end we will go toghether to the Money Gram office, you'll get your money back and pay me.Also please give me your phone number and i will call you after i will recived the scanned paper from Money Gram.
So i am pay the Money Gram FEES(COMISION).
My phone number is:07549999832.

Thanks

Although I doubt you can call the police for it but it might be worth telling the likes of BBC Watch Dog. Take some clues from these funny chaps http://www.419baiter.com/ you might even be able to scam him back!

Say you're buying the car for the local church. The church procedure says money is only released after a formal Application for Expenditure (AfE), which has a processing fee. Tell him you have no spare cash as you don't work for money, ask him to send you £50, which when father Ted approves (who you know will approve because you're working for him), you'll do the deal for £1850 and that's the new amount you'll get your wife/friend to transfer at Money Gram.

If and when you get the £50, send it to your local church :)

Back