Another retrofitting CruiseControl story...

Newton72

Norway
Just had to post the result of my retrofitting of the CruiseControl. It all started just as an idea when I imported my A2 from germany in April 2007. Until this time a car was just another car for me. I took me from A to B. This time I thougt I would put som passion into having a car. The A2 is very special and way ahead of its time.

After polishing up with new springs, shocks and wheels, I was thinking of what else to put in my car. I started searching the web for forums and stumbled across this great site. Pretty soon I saw Skiptons name appear frequently. A lot of owners let Skipton retrofit their A2s with CC. But as I live in Norway, this is not a good option for me. Instead I sent an e-mail to Skipton, and asked if he could give me a recepie for doing it myself.

I got the response immediately, with wiring diagrams and part numbers especially for my car.

It took me a little more than 3 hours to complete the work and it works perfectly.

Skipton: Thank you very much for your help.....

Regards

That what makes this site so great people like Mike and everybody that helps out on this site. It just makes owning these great little cars so much better.

Maybe next year we can get Mkie to give Alan McNish a run for his money at ADI 09, 4044 members if they all voted and got some more, he could be in with a shot lol

Cheers Phil

Last edited:
Hey, not sure if posting on correct thread, but thinking of booking in my car to get cruise control fitted to my a2 with Hazy Days - does anyone know or have any feedback on these guys?

Cheers as they have a link to this site on there website.

Many thanks :D

Far be it for me to pass comment on anothers work, but I am cheaper and quite highly thought of amongst A2 owners;)

I am aware that they would be convenient for you in London, but if you can make it to our next social in Birmingham, I could sort you out then and keep it in the family so to speak. Have a great day out, meet a load of the other members and get Skipton cruise into the bargain! Can't be bad!

Cheers,

Mike

great, when is the next social?

do i need to get the parts? ...and do you fit acoustic rear parking sensors?

cheers :D

I have lost your "e" mail adress and still need cc and anti roll bar bearers can be

Far be it for me to pass comment on anothers work, but I am cheaper and quite highly thought of amongst A2 owners;)

I am aware that they would be convenient for you in London, but if you can make it to our next social in Birmingham, I could sort you out then and keep it in the family so to speak. Have a great day out, meet a load of the other members and get Skipton cruise into the bargain! Can't be bad!

Cheers,

Mike

I seem to have lost your 2E2 mail address still need cc and anti roll bar bearers qlso may need cluch adjustment -squeal mfrom release bearing audi a2 1.4 tdi se chassis noWAUZZZ8Z24N0***** year 2004 mileage 63000 reg STO4*** D.A.J

Last edited by a moderator:
D Johnstone and deseli - I have pM'd you both, check your inbox. If you still need my email address, I will re-send it you.

Cheers,

Mike

Just had to post the result of my retrofitting of the CruiseControl. It all started just as an idea when I imported my A2 from germany in April 2007. Until this time a car was just another car for me. I took me from A to B. This time I thougt I would put som passion into having a car. The A2 is very special and way ahead of its time.

After polishing up with new springs, shocks and wheels, I was thinking of what else to put in my car. I started searching the web for forums and stumbled across this great site. Pretty soon I saw Skiptons name appear frequently. A lot of owners let Skipton retrofit their A2s with CC. But as I live in Norway, this is not a good option for me. Instead I sent an e-mail to Skipton, and asked if he could give me a recepie for doing it myself.

I got the response immediately, with wiring diagrams and part numbers especially for my car.

It took me a little more than 3 hours to complete the work and it works perfectly.

Skipton: Thank you very much for your help.....

Regards

Hello little brother (joke between swedes and norwegians).
I also managed to install cruise control thanks to Skipton's help. Had a little panic attack when I managed to accidentally rotate the G85 steering wheel sensor totally out of it's position and didn't know how to get it back! Mike, you saved my day.
Thank you again for your help.

Back