Another Searcher

andyman

OK helloooo everyone,

I've posted on here before and had some excellent advice,,,,however now its time for me to start looking for an Audi A2(after this weekend as its babes 3rd birthday and a zoo visit and an adventure land part is on the cards) but asuming I survive all that I will be after an A2.
Please would people offer any advice-valuations and defo some spec ideas please please please.

Has to defo be a 1.4 TDi2002 or newer(newer the better),
need to have a darker interior.

Pref options so far are,(in no order),
Split folding rear seat,
Elec Climate,
Elect rear windows,
Driver information system,
Spare wheel,
Rake reach steering,
Cd player system,
Lowest mileage poss and be mint.

Dont know what other options there are????,
Not sure about Colour, defo not Green, wife loves the met blues and silver and red and black tho its a sod for smearing!!.

We live in an area overrun with bleeding speed humps which are made worse buy being made out of cobbles so not sure if a Sport model would be a good idea, but would prob consider either (we love the sports seat),
As much storage options as poss.
Now the crunch!!!,
We only have about £8000!!!
What do you all think??, Or am I being unrealistic please??.

Thank you all kindly in anticipation,

Regards Andy in Ipswich.

Last edited:
Hi Andy
There is a brochures section on the forum which has price lists, std spec and option info for three A2 model years.
Questions on the best spec are asked almost weekly so try a search on key words like buying, used, spec, etc - for previous posts.
For me, climate control is the one essential option as A2's are very noisy when the front windows are opened for ventilation.
Best advice is to go and try as many different models as possible before buying.

Cheers Spike

andyman said:
We only have about £8000!!!
What do you all think??, Or am I being unrealistic please??.

Drop the requirement for electic rear windows and DIS & you should find something for that money. There are loads of SEs around, which have most of what you want, but not these 2 options as standard.

Keep an eye on eBay, Autotrader & E&M and be prepared to travel. Mine came from Colchester a year ago. Private sale. Met virtually all of your requirements. Don't hang around. If it's priced well the seller's phone won't stop ringing.

Find me a decent one with a bench rear seat and I'll sell you mine :)

Mark

The request re options was for peoples personal opinions really!!,
Also I do keep looking but I dont know which onces are a decent model and deal .
I think we will have to buy from a dealer as we got bitten when we bought our present A4 and dont want that to happen again.
Can anyone tell me what DIS actually features please, and if electric rear windows conversion are possibility(like the resident guru fitting cruise).
Basically I would appreciate anyone informing me of any decent onces for sale.
Thanks in anticipation,
Andy.Regards

I know of one that matches your spec almost perfectly - the only downfall being it's petrol. You sure you won't change your mind??

Has to defo be a 1.4 TDi2002 or newer(newer the better),
need to have a darker interior. 2003, 53 plate. Ebony black with red leather interior

Pref options so far are,(in no order),
Split folding rear seat, Yes
Elec Climate, Yes
Elect rear windows, Yes
Driver information system, Yes
Spare wheel, Yes
Rake reach steering, Yes
Cd player system, Yes, 6cd in dash
Lowest mileage poss and be mint. Yes, 20,000miles & full ASH

Last edited:
DIS (driver information system) it displays things like radio channel, Current MPG, average MPG, how many hours driving u did since u reset the counter, how many mailes fuel u have left. It also displays animated warnings.

Im sure theres more just cant think what now.

Rear windows can be converted to elec but is expensive

Andyman,

My 2002 Sport TDI is up on Pistonheads at the moment. It has lots of options (including rear electric windows) -www.pistonheads.com.

Mike

Hi Rob thanks for your reply, sadly no having driven both 1.4 petrol and TDI we both fell in love with the diesel and also enjoyed the extra urge it has so we couldnt live with a petrol, but thanks anyway- incidentily didnt think the wife would like red leather but she did!!- as I do.

Mike your interior is too light for our 3 year old and we dont want to go over the 50,000 miles threshhold as our currant A4 has under this and we feel it would be daft to buy another car with a higher mileage.

Regards Andy.

Andyman - at this point I should try to convince you that the light interior is fine for a 3 year old - but you're right - it aint!!

lol it know it aint cos I cot a darker grey interior and wifes got a black interior and we still get mark like chocolate and smarties colouring staints on them.
In all honesty the best thing is leather!!- so far- ah well fingers crossed.

Also whilst I'm on it anyone got any idea what the value would be at a dealers for a sort of basic spec TDi 90, 2004 one owner in black and a sport, 21k fash excellent condition and split folding rear seats???.

Regards Andy.

andyman said:
lol it know it aint cos I cot a darker grey interior and wifes got a black interior and we still get mark like chocolate and smarties colouring staints on them.
In all honesty the best thing is leather!!- so far- ah well fingers crossed.

Also whilst I'm on it anyone got any idea what the value would be at a dealers for a sort of basic spec TDi 90, 2004 one owner in black and a sport, 21k fash excellent condition and split folding rear seats???.

Regards Andy.
You'll be lucky to see change out of £10k for any TDi 90, regardless of spec.

Cheers,

Mike

Back