Anti Roll Bars

Steven Garrity

A2OC Donor
Scotland
Hi just the car in at garage to get one or two things done one of which was the fitting of the club purchase of yhe anti roll bar kit.But they are unable to fit the rear bar as it id going to be to close the fuel tank so just wondering if anybody nones of any way round the problem.

Cheers

Steven

By reversing the large clamp from the image in the instructions this then stops the body of the jubilee clamp wearing a hole in the tank. I think the smaller tank of earlier A2's this isn't an issue.
Cheers Mike

Apologies, have not visited the forum for a while. Where can I obtain front and rear H&R ARB's?

Hi the roll bars were a group buy offered by a German owner --- we have just had a second group buy. You may be lucky and find the offer is repeated. cheers mike

Thanks Mike and Bret, Met Robin yesterday and he has them fitted and seems very positive about them. He told me to ask the forum for more info. What is the web order link I should use?

I'll be having my rear H&R anti-roll taken off soon, PM me if you're interested, especially if you're in the south east as I could deliver.

To be more subtle/OEM, I had it powder-coated black by a supplier of A2 Cars. I could work out the total cost (it was purchased as a kit in the recent A2oc purchase) and give a fair price.

20160117094556.jpg
20160117094557.jpg

I'll be having my rear H&R anti-roll taken off soon, PM me if you're interested, especially if you're in the south east as I could deliver.

To be more subtle/OEM, I had it powder-coated black by a supplier of A2 Cars. I could work out the total cost (it was purchased as a kit in the recent A2oc purchase) and give a fair price.

View attachment 22279
View attachment 22280
Hi is it the H and R kit front and rear? Don't you like it?

Hi Bret, Plantedness and flat/zero roll around corners is what I miss. I have opensky which means more roll than I previously experienced with my old a2 which had no open sky. I also used to drive a vw golf mk 2 with front and rear arb's and it was much more planted than another mk 2 golf I used to drive with just a front arb. So, I think that seals it for me with the front plus rear arb's. The fact that the H&J is beefier than the stock front means positive expectation all round.

Back