Any Advice please?

mac911rs4

Heh all, still using my sons A2....as he's still not passed his test (good for me though).....although.....yesterday had a slip in gear 3 and it crunched, now I'm having a very slight issue into getting it into 3rd, almost like it's notched when going in, otherwise all's perfect. Car's an 2000 petrol with 83k on clock full history and I've had it maintained (as i'm driving it) and would like it pretty much perfect as of when my son does take it over.

My options?.....Are these repairable? Do i require a new gearbox? Approx costs on getting my hands on a replacement or repair? I've a great Indie near us that I'll entrust with removal and fitting etc.

Whats your thoughts and my options please members? Thanks in advance.
Mark.

Heh all, still using my sons A2....as he's still not passed his test (good for me though).....although.....yesterday had a slip in gear 3 and it crunched, now I'm having a very slight issue into getting it into 3rd, almost like it's notched when going in, otherwise all's perfect. Car's an 2000 petrol with 83k on clock full history and I've had it maintained (as i'm driving it) and would like it pretty much perfect as of when my son does take it over.

My options?.....Are these repairable? Do i require a new gearbox? Approx costs on getting my hands on a replacement or repair? I've a great Indie near us that I'll entrust with removal and fitting etc.

Whats your thoughts and my options please members? Thanks in advance.
Mark.
First thing is to reset the gear linkage. There are threads on here how to do it.
Start off with the easy option!

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

No need to get it booked in :)

It’s fairly simple to reset the gear linkage

As jellybean has said have a look on here on how to do it :)

I’d be happy to pop over and sort this for you but unfortunately your no where near Leicester :(

If you don’t feel confident just ask the garage to do it I can’t imagine it being more than a hours labour !!!:)

Thank you Jellybean, I'll get it booked in for next week to get it checked.....
It's really not difficult. All you need is a 5mm twist drill.... or in my case a 5mm diameter nail, to fix the gear lever position.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Also worth changing the 'filled for life' gearbox oil assuming it's not been done. Some members report fresh oil improving gear change ease, it certainly won't do any harm if you're planning to keep it.

Cars in next week for linkage alteration and gearbox change, inde said should help as his done one before. Failing that, rebuild of the gearbox would be around 600...does this sound reasonable? Thanks, m

Back