Anybody in or near North West london with V.A.G.com?

PMC67

Hi guys,
does anybody in or around Noth West London have V.A.G.Com?
I need to get a fault checked but my local guy has a more sort of gameboy looking thing which can't find my steering fault.
my PAS was playing up at low speeds so being the technical whizz that I am I went and asked for a power steering belt.
Funny I hear you say! not as funny as the guy in the garage trying to find one until the owner pushed the others out of the way, removed my n/s headlight and topped up the PAS reservoir.
This seemed to stop the steering from giving up the ghost under braking and on corners but I now have a steering wheel with an exclamation mark next to it on the display after start up.
I think this is probably the relay or the pump but I'm praying that it can be cleared, I'd be really grateful for any help.

Cheers

Where are you and are you prepared to travel?

I'm near Tring/Chesham if you can't find anyone nearer

J

Posted from my iPlop...

Hi Hooley,
thanks for the reply, I'm in Wembley (must've done something bad in a previous life) I'm in work most days but could make a Saturday afternoon or Sunday if you can, otherwise I'll have to wait until around the 19th or so. Let me know what works for you and thanks once again for your swift reply.

I work in Ruislip - so not far - am there tomorrow (Saturday) if you want to drop over.
Gary

Hi Gary,
thanks for your reply.
I started the car this morning and the warning light didn't come on,:D
I have another couple of things you may be able to look at, the steering angle sensor warning light in particular.
I'm working in East acton/Shepherd's Bush until around 3pm, will you still be around late afternoon say 4pm 'ish?

many thanks

Paul

Back