Anyone got a Chip installed

Status
Not open for further replies.

IQ

Was looking to get 1.4 TDI Chipped. Does any one know where from.

Black 2001 A2 with 16" 6 spoke, Open sky system, xenon lights, and concert single cd.
Tha Best

I was looking to get the impossible perfomance chip. Since other members have had these.
Can i ask if anyone has got this chip. Has it worked without fault so far. Any problems?
Also can it be easily replaced and re inserted any time without causing any conflicts?

Black 2001 A2 with 16" 6 spoke, Open sky system, xenon lights, and concert single cd.
Tha Best

AMD... Have a stage 2 upgrade (chip, exhaust, rolling road before and after etc.).

This is discribed in the latest A2OC Newsletter (III) which can be downloaded from the main A2OC website.

I think we still have a discount with them if you are a full paid up member of the A2OC.

Lee and Sheridan,
TDI SE, Build 11/01, Dolphin Grey
50% Brighter Bulbs : Audi 6 CD Changer : Rear drinks holder : Floppy Wiper : Centre Tray : Elasticated Belt System : Chrome Numberplate Surround : A3 Transmission Nets : Heated Mirrors

I have spoken to Impossible performance based in kent.
They guy said the chip is £295 fitted and they would have to fit it there. This is because the existing chip is soldered in place and they solder in the new one. Or you can send your ecu to them and they do it that way?
Is this correct?

Tha Best

IQ

Where are you based? I have had a chip put in both my A2's. Both TDI's - a 75 ps and 90ps model. Certainly transforms the car. The guy I use is based in Sheffield and travels countrywide to fit the chip. He can also 'flash' the OEM chip which negates the need to remove the chip from the ECU.

Sim

2004 A2 TDI SE 90PS, Akoya Silver, Climate, Open Sky, Winter pack, Symphony II, DIS, ISOFIX, Star Alloys, Matrix Cloth, Storage Pack

Simmo

How much has the chip increased the power of your 90ps?
How much does it cost?

Shaf

Nov 2002 TDi Sport, Silver,Black/grey interior,climate. Replaced previous Mar 2001 TDi SE

Shaf,

According to measurement using my Vag-com the maximum torque has increased from 264nm @ 2200 rpm to 366nm @ 2600 rpm. Plotting the power curve from this - stock power was 118bhp@4100rpm to 170 @4000 rpm. These are Vag-com readings not rolling road. They say allow 25%ish for transmission losses which equates roughly back from the 118bhp figure. I dont pay too much attention to the actual numbers but more the relative increases - 38% - and believe me it is noticable - when you want it to be!

I used the same guy for the 75ps model and the increases were very similar - 358nm @2200 rpm. The main difference is that the 90ps holds onto the torque for longer into the revs - result is more power - 75 ps when chipped got to 140bhp@3600rpm (according to vag-com again!)

It cost me around £290 - £300 if i recall from ccctech.co.uk - Simon Coe is the guy to speak to.

2004 A2 TDI SE 90PS, Akoya Silver, Climate, Open Sky, Winter pack, Symphony II, DIS, ISOFIX, Star Alloys, Matrix Cloth, Storage Pack

Thanks for that.

Shaf

Nov 2002 TDi Sport, Silver,Black/grey interior,climate. Replaced previous Mar 2001 TDi SE

I can also vouch for impossible performance, not the most professional looking outfit, but you can`t fault there work and your not paying for there inflated overheads and fancy workshop.

A2 TDI Sport Gone but Not Forgotten.

A3 TDI DSG, What do i do with my left arm and leg now ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back