Anyone know any good rns-e vendors

PaulA2

Hi all aside from a well known Internet auction site is there any other reputable RNS-E sellers about?

From what I can gather best option is to get a mk2 version ending in B that needs software downgrading to convert to an a6 unit.

I got mine from a vendor from the internet auction site of which you speak. I contacted the vendor directly before purchasing to ask if he had the specific Mk2 Rev B with the correct FW and SW, and indeed he did, so that was all good.

I ended-up with a faulty RNS-E that had been obtained indirectly from a 3rd. party through Ebay, from a Breaker. I never did get it fixed (there was no "fix" for the particular fault) After a long time, I finally got a replacement from a

major VW/Audi Parts Supplier. In effect, the faulty unit was required for exchange purposes, and saved me £200! Before taking this cause of action, another RNS-E was offered to me, but that too had a faulty display! What I am saying

is this : If you are purchasing second-hand, then either ensure that the unit is perfect, or come to an agreement with the seller to the effect that you can return it for a refund if it was later found to be faulty. You see, these units are

likely to be a few years old and may well have display issues, like missing pixels. The Dealer supplied part is over £500, with exchange.

David

Last edited:
I was stung in the same way recently. The unit i bought had a faulty radio tuner which the seller denied even claimed I broke it. Thankfully there are repairers around but it costs naturally

Many thanks to all for the direction to date. Hugely appreciated.
If money is not a prime concern then you might try Hazzydayz, they supplied and fitted my mk2 RNSE.
I found them reliable and great after sales. You will find them on the inter web!!!

Steve B

Steve

I enjoy to tackle these jobs myself! Plus the cost from them is too rich (albeit good value for their warranty and service).

Back