ASR switch/button bulb replacement??

flattened

Hi, it has been suggested that the bulb under the ASR button switch has blown as it does not come on when ignition is on i.e. there are two bulbs and only the faint red one comes on when the sidelights etc. are on. Are these bulbs replaceable or is it a dealer job? Traction Control does work fine, the yellow alarm button works fine on the dashboard tach; in fact I'd have been b****red without it last night :eek:! (2003 A2 14TDI SE)

ASR button bulb replacement(?)

Hi, it has been suggested that the bulb under the ASR button switch has blown as it does not come on when ignition is on i.e. there are two bulbs and only the faint red one comes on when the sidelights etc. are on. Are these bulbs replaceable or is it a dealer job? Traction Control does work fine, the yellow alarm button works fine on the dashboard tach; in fact I'd have been b****red without it last night :eek::eek:! (2003 A2 14TDI SE)

Worry not - the bulb doesn't need replacing and it's working as it should.

The only thing that should come on with the ignition (then go out again) is the yellow one in the clocks.

Whoever suggested that the 'bulb' needs replacing could do with getting to know the A2 a little better - all button illumination is via LEDs, which will doubtless outlive the car!!

Cheers,

Mike

Flattened, see my earlier reply - I've now merged your threads into one, please don't post the same question in 2 separate areas, as it'll lead to confusion, as here!!

Cheers

Mike

Worry not - the bulb doesn't need replacing and it's working as it should.

The only thing that should come on with the ignition (then go out again) is the yellow one in the clocks.

Hi Mike and thanks. The bulb was just my wording (LED does make far more sense anyway LOL being a bit smaller!). Thats put my mind at rest anyway. I haven't had the A2 (or any Audi ever!) for long and I thought the button was lit whilst the engine was running and pressing it would turn the LED off/on depending upon whether traction control was on/off. I was mistaken!

Apologies for the forum cross post, I wasn't sure which one to use.

Back