AUDI A2 1.2 tdi clutch adaptation

franmcm

I am having problems calibrating the gearbox and i need help.
I have recently had a problem in a gearbox of 1 Audi A2 1.2tdi (it sometimes did not engage 3rd gear) and i suspected the hydraulic gear changer. I changed it from another running car to these car. And know i cannot run both cars (they don't start the engines)
I have the VAG cable so i tried:
1- Clutch travel sender Adaptation:
1 of the cars i could put it to 1.8~2.0 the other i cant. ( i did not released the accumulator maybe that was the problem...)
2-Gear Actuator Adaptation:
I cannot do this on both cars as it goes from 1 to 28 twice and says RTFM!
1 of the cars changes gears while does this the outer don't do nothing.(just changes the numbers and no noises are maid in gearbox)

3- Creep point adaptation
Did not reach this point yet.

I am shore the cars must be ok(i suspected the problem was only the accumulator deposit) (i already order but it will take 2 weeks to arrive) so there must be something i am doing wrong...

I would like some help please and would like specificaly to ask:
During the Gear Actuator Adaptation i have read several times - Loosen the gear actuator nut and tighten it with zero-potential.- Can anyone explain to me exactly how and where to do this. can you show me pictures please?
Should the car be in any specific gear during these process?

Thanks in advance for all the help.

Have you checked for hydraulic leaks? Change the 3 pipes and pressure cylinder as well as the bottom gasket of the 4 piston cactuator unit. Top up with hyd fluid with pressure released in system up to the small resevoir window. then put it all back together and re-do the basic setting again.

Unplug the hydraulic control unit electrically, loosen the accumulator and fill the reservoir with VW hydraulic oil to the top of the reservoir window. Do not overfill.

The linkage to loosen and then re-tighten is between the gearbox actuator and the gearbox. You will have to remove the undertray to access it.

If you cannot set the correct voltage on the clutch actuator now, you might need to replace the actuator.

The full set up is here:

http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/5-Speed_Electronic_Manual_Transmission_(085)

VCDS and the Audi equivalent cannot diagnose a failing or even failed accumulator - the cause of many unnecessary gearbox actuator replacements.

RAB

Suddenly some 15 days of not being able to configure the some day the clutch decided to work! Can't explain why... I programmed my a2 and drove it for 1day. I had to reset the software again as i had to change the hydraulic pump and after that i could not start again! same problem!... The car tries to make the adaptation of clutch but no clutches are engaged during the process...and RTFM! appears... I investigated a little more and found that the problem was the pressured oil was not going to the gear changer because the valve was not being opened. (I tried to put 12v dirrectly on solenoid and suddenly the gears start to move...for a while...) I changed the gear changer controller 6NO 927 735 D from another car and the problem was solved. I got to the conclusion that maybe this was the problem. I drove the car perfectly for 1 week and decided was time to return the controller to the other car and buy a new one for me. Immediately after putting the controller in the other car the controller did not control the valve again.... So know i have 2 problems instead of 1 problem!

The problem is that the controller 6NO 927 735 D does not give information to the valve on the hydraulic pump to open so nothing gets oil, and nothing works!

My question is, can this be a controller problem? Does the software on the 6NO 927 735 D controller needs to make a reset? or be adapted to the ECU of the car? How?

(I already removed the errors with vag-com and i am adapting clutch with 1,9V and >12V on battery so i think i am doing everything correctly)

The problem I suspect is that for some reason the basic setting is not working. It may be that there is no good reason for the failure but you just have to repeat until it succeeds. I would guess that you cannot move a controller from one car to another without doing a basic setting, as it would have information stored on it from the first car, information generated during the basic setting.

If the basic setting does not succeed, for safety reasons the engine should not start so I would not expect any gear changing.

RAB

Back