Audi A2 Oli Level

Lamby

A2OC Donor
Good Morning all....

Okay I am going to do an oil change on my A2 1.6 FSI and I want to know how much oil the (liters) the engine will take to fill it back up to the max level once I have drained all the old oil out. I do not trust the dipstick as a level and like to be precise about these thing. If any one can help that would be fantastic. — Also should I be replacing the sump plug with a new one on the oil change or is it okay just to put the old one back?

Many thanks.

i changed the oil on my 1.6 fsi and didnt change the sump plug and its fine but thers no harm in changing it but not to shaw on the subject. but about the oil level, if you look in your owners manual it will tell you the exact amount. hope this helps

thanks

scott

Hi Lamby

There is a very slight risk of sealing washer on the sump plug leaking if re-used so its good practice to change it.

Cheers Spike

Definitely change the sump plug and washer and the oil should be replensihed with 3.4 litres, assuming you change the filter as well, which you should do, even though it's a pain to get to on the FSI (tip: drain the oil whilst the engine is hot and leave it draining until the engine cools, then release the filter - it sits near the manifold which will take the skin off your knuckles if you catch it whilst hot!)

Cheers,

Mike

So i should change the washer and the plug (bolt) too?

Hi trex
The washer is captive on the drain plug so you have to change them both.
Even if you wanted to fiddle about and remove the old washer I suspect Audi don't sell the washer separately any more.

Cheers Spike

Hmm, to be honest, my first ever oil change on my A2 was done by a mechanic, but i intend to do it myself next time. The only problem is that i didn't see him changing the washer and plug.:mad:
Does the new plug require a specific torque when tightening? My old Citroen had an ALU sump and it required care when fastening the plug, as not to damage it.

If you take your car to an VW or Audi dealer, unless there is another reason to remove the undertray, they will change your oil without removing the sump plug!

RAB

If you take your car to an VW or Audi dealer, unless there is another reason to remove the undertray, they will change your oil without removing the sump plug!

RAB

I've never been a fan of this method where they suck the old oil out through the dipstick hole. It usually leaves behind the dregs which contain any sludge and wear metals, ready to contaminate the new oil.

Cheers Spike

Hi Mike, Thank you - first class information as always.

I managed the oil change okay, the FSI is a nasty piece of work to get the filler off (plus I have very sore knuckles) - after an hour and a half of gentle persuasion the filter finally gave up the good fight. I have replaced the sump plug and washer and replaced the oil filter with a new one and filled with 3.4 liters of recommended oil. New NKG sparks are in and I am thinking about the air filter next - I will search for the thread on hear before bothering you guys agian. I did have slight ignition problems I believed where caused my the old sparks and now that appears to have gone away. I have just done the standard reset on the Computer is that okay or do I need to find someone with a VAG COM to fully reset? Thanks guys.

VCDS (Vag Com) is only necessary for a Long-life reset - standard fixed intervals can be done by the buttons below the clocks.

Cheers,

Mike

Back