audi a2 wont restart when warm

frankval

hi can any one help please, my a2 2004 tdi sport starts first time no problem, when she gets warm and i switch her off she wont restart, turns over great just wont fire, i have change the throttle body as it showed up a fault code 19559-035 intake flap motor fault, has anyone had a problem like this and if so how do you fix it ?? cheers

i have change the throttle body as it showed up a fault code 19559-035 intake flap motor fault
Whilst you may have genuinely had a faulty anti-shudder valve (intake flap motor), it is not related to the warm starting issue.

The warm starting issue almost certainly indicates a failing camshaft or crankshaft position sensor. Unfortunately, these sensors don’t always generate a fault code during the earlier stages of failure, when their operation is intermittent / dependent upon temperature.
I’d start by changing the camshaft position sensor, as this is the more likely culprit. Don’t be tempted by the really cheap ones, as they either don’t work at all or don’t work for long.

Cheers,

Tom

Back